17 Year Old Set To Be Youngest F1 Driver

I
I think this is very bad for F1, too much danger not for lifes but for the sport in general.

F1 has a lot of history. A lot of drivers and legends among them raced for victories and titles for glory. They all had the balls to push and the talent to do that on highest level. Danger was all around yeah, so they were mature people, mature drivers, 30 years perhaps when started racing? Talking about times of Fangio. Its very normal that as years pass by that, those boundaries will be lower and lower, in terms of youngest drivers. We saw many in the last 3 years to drive with only 19 years. By then, when i had 19, i was only able to drive my 75hp Corsa while someone else is controling a monster, and what else is more important, destroys the picture of F1. F1 isnt considered as the BEST 24 drivers on the planet? Of course there are legends out of F1, like Loeb who is i assume better than half of the legends list in F1, but my point is, if people with only 17y are entering in F1 and racing in near future, lets say on 18 years. How can be they titles as "one of the best drivers in the world"

Its bad for F1, i hope you got my point.

ps. i forgot to include money issue ... sponsors etc
I don't think age is a factor. When i was in school my teacher said i was 11 going on 30. Way more mature than my age. And i know adults who act like children. It's down to experience or sponsorship/Money he may feed to the teams if hes going for the back of the grid.

If hes racing on cash it will run out fast. The Old Pedro Diniz story. His dad ran PARMALAT and funded his teams with cash. But little talent.
The Bigger problem is young rookies in top teams advancing to fast. I don't think Sauber is a top contender on a consistent basis who cares.
He will probably tangle in the opening five laps and park it, If hes that bad. And sponsors will complain

I'm pretty sure his contract is half a season and the other half is determined on results. DNF in 4 races or no points = end of contract, sponsorship money is going to be more than half in any case. Sauber has been on of the few teams that seems to handle their drivers and financial situation very well. Also they got a long track record of finding talents.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back