120mins of Sebring in C6R

Any of the RD iRacing fraternity going to be doing this Saturdays World Tour event with the C6R at Sebring?,i find this very very tempting indeed,after a bit of a shaky return a couple of weeks ago,i am now getting back on my iRacing pace again and really starting to beat all my old laptimes and i would love to feel a proper bit of power for the first time in iRacing.

Also a sidenote: Has anyone looked at what event is scheduled for Oct. 23rd on the World Tour page? :tongue: :wink:

Any of the RD iRacing fraternity going to be doing this Saturdays World Tour event with the C6R at Sebring?,i find this very very tempting indeed,after a bit of a shaky return a couple of weeks ago,i am now getting back on my iRacing pace again and really starting to beat all my old laptimes and i would love to feel a proper bit of power for the first time in iRacing.

Also a sidenote: Has anyone looked at what event is scheduled for Oct. 23rd on the World Tour page? :tongue: :wink:

Not sure if I will enter it, need quite a bit of practice to be able to drive cleanly for 120 mins in that car - so easy to lose it on the brakes. Good to see you're back in iRacing though Gary.

Cheers Yateso mate,long time no see btw.

Did our own dedicated RD passworded events ever get started?,for me that would be the total schweetness scenario,although i am a bit thin on extra content at the moment,the fee is $3 to setup an event yea?,with enough interested parties i could manage that and have a "Lenno's Comeback" event in something somewhere at some point? :).

• Roy Stevens

i will be running sebring this weekend ...been practising this week a bit..car is hard work on the brakes ...i have now changed the brake force curve factor to 4 and for me its a lot better now ..ill be on practice server tonight with gaz if anyone else is up for it

I am planning on running the 120. Well, when I say the 120 I guess that depends on how long I can keep that beast on the track. I adjusted the roll bars, the diff drive force and coast a little and it is now a much more manageable drive that when I took it out of the garage. Still can't beat my 1.58.9 yet (too scared I'll chuck it into the boonies).

Well with some calm considered thinking about add on content,i dont think i will be doing the Vette/Sebring thing,no point getting a car and track for a one off event and then it sits rusting until my license is eligible to use it....
Much better for me just now to grab the Jetta and a couple of choice tracks and then start to look at other cars as my rating allows me use them.

Well I had an amazing event! Was around 10-12th on the grid for my heat (out of 37) and made a really good start (avoiding the carnage) to be running as high as 4-5th for the opening stint. I then downshifted to quickly and lunched the gearbox. Towed to pit and restarted last of the 29 runners. By my fuel stop I was back up to 6th on track and then was as high as 5th again when... Yep - lunched the engine!

No fix this time. I retired with 33 minutes left to run. Still. Got a shedload of iRacing points :cool: and am 100% set on maintaining my membership for the foreseable (I have my eyes on the GT Championship, racing the C6R).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 214 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.4%