$1200 to spend on Setup

Hi, I'm in the market to upgrade my G25 desktop setup. I just got a GTR GTA rig and now I'm look at the V2.5, Formula Blk, and the Club Sport V3 setup, with gear shift latter.
Is there any other setups that I should be looking for in the price range? The dd wheels look like you need a NASA degree to set them up and I don't have that level of expertise for such a job.

DD wheels will run you well over that 1200 budget if you add a wheel with QR, buttons and paddle shifters and a set of pedals. For what you're going to get I'd recommend also getting brake performance kit which will allow you to customize the resistance of the pedals to your liking.

Upvote 0
The fanatec package is pretty solid for the price range, and it all works together with less cable mess. you could actually run it all through the wheel base and only have one usb, id reccommend running the pedals usb though because youll get higher resolution out of them. if you stretched an extra 50 bucks or so you could get the shifter as well all in one shot. shipping is a little steep but i went with the same setup a few months back and my total was 1300 ish. i also go the p1 rim though(which was kind of dissapointing tbh) The fanatec stuff is the higher spectrum of the mid-range of sim racing equipment. If you want to take the next step up you start getting into DD setups and hydraulic/pro pedal sets and those run 1k+ each in most situations.

Upvote 0
You won't get higher resolution running V3 pedals with separate USB connection. It will be12-bit in both cases. Now CSL Elite LC will have 16-bit output for the brake if running via direct USB connection, but this does not apply to CSP V3 and honestly you won't see the difference between 12 and 16 bit, you feet are not that precise. Even with 12-bit and 90Kg load cell brake we're talking about less than one ounce difference per signal increment, do you really think you can feel that?

Upvote 0
Nope. Quote from the pedals description on Fanatec web-site:
  • through PWT / PWTS / CSR / CSR Elite wheel: 8 bit (256 values) on all axes
  • through CSW B V1 / CSW B V2 / CS WB V2.5 / CSL E WB / CSL E RW PS4: 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes
  • USB direct connection (PC): 12 bit (4096 values) on all axes

Upvote 0
Quote from the specs from 12/30/2015:

• Controlled via Fanatec Wheel SDK
  • Adjustable brake stiffness and travel without tools unless you use the performance brake mod
  • 12-bit resolution on all axis when stand alone USB or 10 bit when plugged into CSW V2 base
  • Re-designed electronics. Parameters like deadzone and brake sensitivity can be adjusted through the tuning menu of the wheel and during the race
That used to be the case. Software update mustve fixed it.

Upvote 0
You could get sw20 but the DDs are the system and base itself, they dont come with a wheel rim (or QR if you want it) there are various options for rims, you could do a fanatec rim and convert it to usb to use with the wheel or you could get a standalone rim like sam maxwell customs. depending on your options you might come in under 1500 but that would be just for the DD setup and wheel. You'd still need pedals.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back