DiRT Rally 2.0 114 Hours into DR2.0...

And, even though I rarely win the stages, I am completely enthralled by the game.

In my youth, I used to race around in dune buggies in all kinds of sand, pavement, dirt, and mud. I also did a fair amount of vacationing in the snow. And, although I can slide cars on dirt in real life (steering with the throttle via opposite lock) far easier than I can handle them in DR2.0, the fact remains that what I need for FFB is already in the game engine. So, there is no doubt in my mind that DR2.0 is a fantastic driving experience.

I will note that I do have a motion platform (Next Level Racing V3) and an Accuforce Pro V2 Wheel so I also have access to some FFB effects that others may not. But, the fact is, everyone who has hopped in the seat and pulled on the handbrake to start a DR2.0 stage at my house, has stepped out with sweat on the brow, slightly sore shoulders and a huge grin.

Long story short: In game, SAT is tuned very high. Turn it down a bit and tune what you can of the existing ffb. I have SAT at 30. Wheel Friction at 30. Tire at 80. Suspension at 90. Collision 30. Soft Lock 50. Steering Center Force: OFF.

My Accuforce set up is at 450 degrees. Overall 18% smoothing with 60% force. I have game ffb at 50% and my game smoothing is at 16%. Fluid dampening, friction and inertia at 1.18% each. Both Oscillations are set at 100%. Engine RPM 25%. FFB Foundation 85%. Bumps 15%.

I should also note that most of the suspension and bumps don't really come thru the wheel well, but they come thru the Next Level Racing Motion Platform brilliantly.

Is the force feedback with all of those settings perfect? No. Not even close. But, there is still plenty to work with.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back