F1 2012 11/1 Wing setttings and No oversteer

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I've dialed in the setup of the Williams in career mode on full oversteer, the car still produces tons of understeer.
Even a setting of 11 for the front wing and 1 for the rear wing , I cannot get the car to clip the apex at certain turns. It's really annoying.

Also , for some reason I'm usually purple in sector 1 of every track ( usually up by 1 sec over the AI in Legend difficulty ) and then I lose tons of time in sector 2,3. This is prevalent even if increase drag and put the rear wing settings to 7,8 to negate the top speed effect I have over the AI.

There are corners where I'm just understeering off and even if I manage to clip the apex , the AI is ridiculously fast around there. For example Turn 13 in Melbourne , Turn 7,8 in Sepang . Turn 11 and 14 in Sakhir.

And there are certain turns like Turn 1 in Shanghai and and turn 1 in Sepang where the AI is ridiculously slow.

I dont know if Steam has downloaded the patches but the file version I have is 1.3.3.0

Any ideas ?

thanks

Ha! Yesterday i openned the "Surface_Materials" file. There's some good settings there, probably ones that affect grip. So i've noticed that there is possible to fix some things like reduce the grip on the grass and with dirt tyres. Then i thought about the exact same thing!!! :pWould it affect the AI or just me? :roflmao:
But in the ai folders theres files with values for the "AI grip", so i believe the only way to make it right would be to set the same values on both files.

Yeap. The real problem is this file with the grip. Probably there is one, but i looked on almost every xml file of the game and haven't noticed settings for the grip. At least not "good" settings. I don't know if would be possible to fix decrease the rear wheel spin grip while at the same time change the brakes effectiveness. It its possible, can be awesome, but for sure, hard work :unsure:

Yeap. The real problem is this file with the grip. Probably there is one, but i looked on almost every xml file of the game and haven't noticed settings for the grip. At least not "good" settings. I don't know if would be possible to fix decrease the rear wheel spin grip while at the same time change the brakes effectiveness. It its possible, can be awesome, but for sure, hard work :unsure:

CTF Editor. It's incredibly easy.

Yes, welcome to the wonderful world of F1 2012 understeer. This has been reported from day one from the majority of players & was admitted by codemasters that there was a problem supposedly addressed to some degree by a particular patch. You do notice a very small difference since the patch, but only a very small percentage.

AI being disproportionately faster particularly in sector 3 is also a very known issue.

Car setups are completely different in F1 2012 than they were in F1 2011, so you really do need to start from scratch rather than trying to use your 2011 base, if that's what you've done ?

Stick with it & alter how you drive to find quicker lap times, it's surprising what a difference small adjustments to how you drive can make a big difference to lap times.

The Williams is a particularly bad car to drive for understeer especially in your 1st career at all the early races. My suggestion is to try some Time Trial in a Mclaren where you have a huge amount more grip to get the fun back in the game & then go back to career as it will teach you quite a lot. Learn & enjoy the game first, then attempt full tyre sim, worked for me as I almost gave up & ditched the game completely ...

Are the patches automatic for the ps3? if not how do you get them. how does one install them? i only play online and im about to park the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back