Practice: 18:30 GMT (20mins)
Qualification: 18:50 GMT (20 mins)
Race: 19:10 GMT
Race Length: 37 laps (100K)
Pit Stops: Optional
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT GTL
Password: click here

Notes

Sign-ups close 1 hour before practice starts.

There are 4 reserve slots. Reserve drivers will be notified of free slots, in this thread, during the last 15 minutes of practice.​

Hmm...fishy things going on with me wheel tonight. Accelerator stuck permanently on during practice, then brake and clutch input unrecognised. Alt-Tabbed out and reinstalled drivers, ducked out and in just before race start and everthing fine. Started, did about six laps and all force feedback followed by steering went....grrrrr!

Off to do some sleuthing.

This was fun !! I had a great qually and Jens got me in the last minutes to steal pole .(Thx for the setup Jens ) :thumb: THEN !!!!! When i went on grid for the start my car was in the grass between the public :cool: went to pit and back on track again but still in the grass . So then it was 3.2.1 GO !! Euhm !! i went for some grasshopping to the tarmac and was finaly on track. I was 9th and 1 lap behind so i thought whatever ,just go ! But 2 laps later i was DQ for not coming in the pit for a S&G.
So this was weird !!!
To bad i was feeling i could maybe win this one but had no chance against this.
Cya:thumb:

• Andy Marsden

That was a fun race, love this car!

QUALIFY
Not bad really, wasn't last for a change and managed to improve by a few seconds, started 8th of 10.

RACE
Not a bad start got a good run off the line and made up a place. Took another heading down the back straight and went for Manuel into the final complex. Was a bit aggressive and I think I pushed him into a spin, sorry there mate! :) Was 5th for a while then had Manuel come back at me. Kept fighting him off until I spun right in front of him going into the long right hander after T1. I put him about 5secs behind me but he fought back and several laps later cheekly overtook me as I let Amir get past to put me a lap down laps later. Stayed 6th until the end.

An enjoyable race with some great moments, i'll say it again - I LOVE THE ALPINE! :D
Look forward to seeing you all at the next event :thumb:

finally had a great race with no mistakes. had a good start and after a lap the leader made a mistake and then i took the lead all the way to the end. peter was pushing me hard and then lost a lot of time.during the final laps 2nd place driver ( sry do not know who it was) tried realy hard to catch me and i was losing time. i still had a big gap infront so i decided to take things easy and did not do any mistakes. after my poor performence in the league, from which i learned a lot i ,kept my pace until the end and won.
thx to the organizers see you all next time:thumb:

That was a funny event!

Qualy: After training and building a setup this afternoon I managed to get pole with 0.071 secs in front of Patrick - in fact that was the 1^st time please don't mind if I say

YES! ^^

Race:
...after a lap the leader made a mistake...
That was me again and not the only mistake I made tonight (as so often). Found back on track at P5 and had to calm down - I was very angry about doing this nooby mistakes again when race starts.

Managed to fight back to P2 with 15 secs gab on Amir and 11 laps to go.

...during the final laps 2nd place driver ( sry do not know who it was) tried realy hard to catch me and i was losing time...
Again that was me and I tried very hard to catch you but in the end there still was 4,2 sec gap so grats to you!

Some pics of the ending stats are attached.

Thx for this funny event!

Attachments

• GTL 2008-10-09 21-08-27-73.jpg
    GTL 2008-10-09 21-08-27-73.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 206
  • GTL 2008-10-09 21-56-50-96.jpg
    GTL 2008-10-09 21-56-50-96.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 215
  • GTL 2008-10-09 21-56-53-08.jpg
    GTL 2008-10-09 21-56-53-08.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 200
THEN !!!!! When i went on grid for the start my car was in the grass between the public :cool: went to pit and back on track again but still in the grass .

That is interesting (annoying actually). During my attempted on-line tests with GTL on my new PC, many of my attempts on the server put me in that spot even for practice. Each time I had to exit and re-enter the server. I was having so many discinnection problems, I didn't test it any further.

That is interesting (annoying actually). During my attempted on-line tests with GTL on my new PC, many of my attempts on the server put me in that spot even for practice. Each time I had to exit and re-enter the server. I was having so many discinnection problems, I didn't test it any further.
Ok,so im not the only one :) I thought it was real fun in the Alpine and for my first laps in this car i loved it ! But sad indeed that i couldnt race ,next Alpine race count on me :D
It was the first time i had this bug Warren so i dont know if it will happen again , we will see :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%