Practice: 18:30 GMT (20mins)
Qualification: 18:50 GMT (20 mins)
Race: 19:10 GMT
Race Length: 37 laps (100K)
Pit Stops: Optional
Server: RACEDEPARTMENT GTL
Password: click here

Notes

Sign-ups close 1 hour before practice starts.

There are 4 reserve slots. Reserve drivers will be notified of free slots, in this thread, during the last 15 minutes of practice.​

• Jerome Benard

At that moment i'm not sure to be here. But its my country Track and car, i try to be here if its possible.

Sign me :thumb:

I think someone needs to set up the server and load the skins, Hans. i'm afraid I don't know how to do that, and I suspect I'm not authorised to do it even if I knew.

We'll have to wait for a Racing Staff member to help out.

Once they do, though, let's absolutely do a test. If we can get it working, it'll help out for all other GTL events.

The skins are good, aren't they? That's why I thought of it - if we don't use those, it'll be all blue.

Which is not the end of the world, but it'd be nicer with some colour involved.

Unfortunately, these games, do not allow for skinning in the same way, as rF or the newer Simbin titles.
The way GTR/GTL/GTR2 work, you can only have a single skin for a car. It would need to be named, the same as the original texture.
Therefor, a second skin would overwrite the first. As it still needs to be named to match.
So, we either have all cars blue, or we have the two cars whichever two skins are chosen. Either way, we have two cars to choose from.
No one, needs to have the skins in their games. So, people will still choose not to have them. There'll still be a sea of blue, in their replays/screenshots.

Standalone cars (those containing a .car file), are a lot of hassle for a single event.
They will allow greater variety, but need to be uploaded to the server and to every participants game.
If anyone turns up, without even one, standalone car, their game will go into a never ending loop trying to load the car which isn't present.
It can be difficult, just to leave the game, when this happens.

• Andy Marsden

It may be best just to use the default skins for now then. It would be nice to have more skins but the hassle of getting it all together is quite a time consuming thing to do twice a week with the community and club as busy as they are right now.

Shift me into reserves please Andy. I'm scheduled to finish work @1800, however, late jobs, Brixton to Croydon drive in rush hour, you never know. :(

PS. I get confused with clocks, GMT+1 an' all that, may make it, but I'd feel bad landing on the server mid way through qualifying.:thumb:

Simon.:)

Well I have my brand new PC setup with GTL now, works fine off-line. I tried numerous times on-line tonight, and I keep getting disconnected, just like I was with my laptop. Looks like my internet problems continue, so I won't be racing after all.

I'll spend a few more hours tomorrow talking to my ISP. This is driving me nuts. :smash:

Have fun guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back