100% CPU usage / warning

Yep, last played in 0.6.1 and it was working ok, just got 0.6.3 and its borked. Practice mode worked ok, but not sprint race, also textures didn't want to load...
Edit:
According to ACC forums the CPU warning was added latest patch so that's why we're seeing it only now.
I have the same issue. Hope this can be fixed
Besides the mishap the game got better again

It's actually been okay since a delete and reinstall for me, not really bothered playing it until this release

Playing mid / high settings and pretty much sitting at 60fps for the most part, 20 cars in the dry. (i5 6600k @ 4.4ghz and 1070 @ 2000mhz at 2k resolution). Replacing my monitor has lost all that nasty shimmer I was getting before and Paul Ricard is now playable even if I hate racing on this track haha

My confidence has been restored that Kunos can pull this out the bag, online driving ability or lack of is a lot to be desired.

Also hoping the online come the release of Spa is not public servers dedicated to this track only full of Ferrari's.

Some has issues and others not.

I dont have, but i have extremely CPU power. Intel i9-9900K 8C16T @ fixed 5400Mhz on all-cores, RAM 4500Mhz (36.x ns).

Example on AMD-world has no enough CPU-power on anyway...

I have an i7 3770k OC 4.2 and I got the warning but then lowered the number of competitors, which had increased on the last update, by 2 and I didn't get it again.

Odd considering my i5 6600k is on par (ex hyper threading) not even sure if UE4 even makes use or optimised for h/t. My CPU is overclocked with DDR 4 ram.

I see the warning still, mostly at the start of the race but it soon settles.

I'm running 20 AI.

Would you use Afterburner and display all cores usage and temps to check this, or some other method/software?
Yeah I'd do it with afterburner/Riva tuner overlay. Just the overall load would be enough to display though.
Might be that the warning only shows with 4 or less cpu threads. A 6600k should push out higher fps than a 1st Gen ryzen afaik...

i5 6600k all cores are constantly hitting 100% in afterburner ( 4.7Ghz. )
the only way I can limit this is via fps, the overloading of the cores appears directly
connected to fps. lowering fps removes railing of cores, which i suppose is
what you would expect ?
funnily it does not seem to effect anything, perhaps occasionally the frame rate does
a 14ms pause. but that is with after burner taking 100ms bites.

It probably doesnt help a lot, but I never have cpu warning with my i7 8700k, 28 ai.
I will checked precisely and post the % , but from memory my cpu stays always way below 60% at about 100 fps.
My GPU 1070ti is maxed at about 100%

Yes flashes away to heart’s content. But the game seems to be unfussed about it.:)
Hehe thanks for the info!
I would recommend to limit the fps at a value where it doesn't flash the warning anymore though.
As it's mentioned in the ac forums that the physics are late to the frame meaning you might experience some glitches. And if you don't see them it might be that you spin out without seeing it coming or that other cars glitch a little online or something similar.

It probably doesnt help a lot, but I never have cpu warning with my i7 8700k, 28 ai.
I will checked precisely and post the % , but from memory my cpu stays always way below 60% at about 100 fps.
My GPU 1070ti is maxed at about 100%

The problem is an eggs for eggs scenario?

I would be very interested in your results.

I sometime wonder if ACC video quality settings
are really producing what has been selected or they have a degree of placebo effect, just a thought.

I have a 1080 which is only marginally faster than
your 1070ti. Plus I am running a 3440 x1440 monitor.
I obviously have afterburner running in the
background , so that certainly uses a some of my resources.
But have looked on task manager without afterburner and it’s pretty much the same result.
Come to think of it I will do a run without afterburner
and see if I still get the warning light, only use it for monitoring anyway.

Generally speaking with 24 AI , Monza, I get between
90 to 115 FPS.

Keep thinking about changing my CPU ,so that’s why I am interested. I know I should wait and see what’s on the horizon, But I have been conscious of having a balance system of late. If they produce much quicker processors in the near future I will have a struggling GPU.
I have just decided to go with the 1080 in view of the prices of the latest Nvidia GPU’ s, I don’t want to go down that road unless I have to and a balanced system will help me make my mind up in that scenario.
I hope. A 8700, 9600,9700 will achieve that, I hope.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%