100% CPU usage / warning

Did you shot these with visible opponents set to "all"? I'm asking because you have 24 fps more at race start than Manu. Of course it's only a temporarily snapshot but it looks a bit... "high", hehe.

What we see though: Your 6600k is loaded to 100% sometimes and the 8700k only to around 40% (increased resolution scale seems to put some very slight additional load to the CPU) but in the end you both have pretty much the same FPS at the CPU limit!

- does the warning happen when you hit the cpu fps limit or only when the cpu as a whole is loaded to 100% (not enough cpu cores/threads available)

none of the 2.
Just as in AC1, the warning is about the physics calculations and it appears when the software takes more than 3ms to calculate the physics.
And, just as in AC1, this has no relationship at all with FPS.. you can have 250fps and still get the warning.

none of the 2.
Just as in AC1, the warning is about the physics calculations and it appears when the software takes more than 3ms to calculate the physics.
And, just as in AC1, this has no relationship at all with FPS.. you can have 250fps and still get the warning.

What exactly is the profound effect of the Physics Calculations when they hit 99%+ ?
As I'm, getting this all the time (with my CPU nowhere near 100% nor any of the individual 4-cores) and I've seen no ill affects whilst racing the AI, so I'm curious as to what is actually happening and what could potentially "go wrong" whilst racing so I can look for for them, thanks :)

What exactly is the profound effect of the Physics Calculations when they hit 99%+ ?

time slows down.. which is ok-ish as long as you know it is happening in single player but it could create a lot of problems of prediction for both you and the others in multiplayer.

We'll make the warning a bit less reactive in future updates.. ie. requiring to be consistently over 100% for some time before kicking in.

My tests purpose is to show how cores/threads scaling with AI, clock speed is irrelevant.

Yes, that has helped me plan a future upgrade , unfortunately I will have to consider cost.

As stated though , perhaps if you had added fps into your answers that would have helped.
Other than that I assumed all other constants were kept the same.

I am always grateful to anything that makes PCs equipment choice quantifiable for the
game that's is of particular interest.:):)

I have gained a lot lately from increased ram speed, in other games this made no difference,
but in AC Aand ACC I have very worthwhile gains.:thumbsup:

time slows down.. which is ok-ish as long as you know it is happening in single player but it could create a lot of problems of prediction for both you and the others in multiplayer.

We'll make the warning a bit less reactive in future updates.. ie. requiring to be consistently over 100% for some time before kicking in.

Ok thanks, can't say I've ever noticed any slowdowns on singe player but I'll keep my eyes peeled , good to know you'll tweak the warning as it is a bit of a visual hindrance, thank you :)

none of the 2.
Thanks for chiming in!
Is there anything we users can do against this happening though? If it doesn't really matter if the cpu is at its limit, what determines then when it happens?
Totally fine if you tell me I should read about it in ac threads instead of bothering you again!

Thanks for chiming in!
Is there anything we users can do against this happening though? If it doesn't really matter if the cpu is at its limit, what determines then when it happens?
Totally fine if you tell me I should read about it in ac threads instead of bothering you again!

provided the PC has no problems the only thing you can do is reduce the number of AI cars.

EDIT: On the official forums there are people claiming reducing the number of cars visible can also help. This is totally a possibility since UE4 uses more threads than AC1 graphics engine, so the interaction between UE4 threads and my threads for the physics is more complex to predict.

Last edited:
I woke up to be like "wtf"... Then found the "show ignored content" button and I went calm again. Apparently I sadly missed a brilliant post from someone who I've read a brilliant post from in the past :p

Haha yes, my earlier comment where I linked the testing comparison was actually in response to him also, I felt bad that you thought it was directed at you. Sorry to have raised your blood pressure this morning!

Anyway, even if I only post rarely I do really enjoy reading all the technical discussion happening in this thread!

Haha yes, my earlier comment where I linked the testing comparison was actually in response to him also, I felt bad that you thought it was directed at you. Sorry to have raised your blood pressure this morning!

Anyway, even if I only post rarely I do really enjoy reading all the technical discussion happening in this thread!
Haha glad you're not like Jeckyl and Hide :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::inlove:
It's just satisfying to build knowledge and get behind how things work and what to do, isn't it?! :geek::)

Hi everybody!
I encountered the same problem with my old i5 3570K last night.
100% CPU and lags that made driving impossible at times. I had already played without any worries before.
So I started by reducing all the graphical features but it did not change anything.
AND I found THE sollution for me:
Set the FRAME LIMIT to 60 or 75 FPS depending on your screens.
CPU does not exceed 70% and I could then increase all graphics to high and epic for some settings. The game works perfectly with 75FPS continuous.
I think it will help some old config like mine.

To summarize my config:
I5 3570K up to 4.0Ghz
16GB RAM DDR3
GTX1070 8GB

I rediscover the fluid game;)
To serve you,
GTS - Carlito

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 380 16.3%
  • < 2 years