10. PAUL RICARD - Project D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone!

Thanks to DMSv for giving us a great battle all season and making winning this title a very difficult challenge, you shown great consistency overall and thanks to all the other teams also, was a great season.

As for the race, it did not start out to good as Vince lost his power just hour or so before the race but Jack stepped in to save the day and both our driver's did a great job after the Vette was a handful in the wet quali, but of course it had a slight advantage in the dry race. Still they had to come from down the field to do the job and our luck finally hold out though and they could take a 1-2. (Only the 3rd 1-2 in STC's history, 1 for RPM and 2 for DHR) Jack lost his connection 10 minutes after the race, so luck was on our side for this one.

I was surprised to see the Beamers and other cars running such high wing though as this track is allot quicker with 1-1 wings in any car with good set-up changes in the dry. I made the setup for Teo with 1-1 wings in the Porsche/Marcos and he was quicker then the BMW's on the straights which was a big surprise as the BMW is quicker at top end and would of out paced the Marcos physics with the same wing settings on the back straight. I guess we was just more prepared for this race in that sense.

The race was great to watch, some intense battles, I think it was probably the best race of this season. All the broadcast crew did a great job after the technical issue's.

Thanks again.

about wing
maybe it was my driving, but 1-1 wing could not hold up onto the beamer as in the fast chicane on front straight it will get massive oversteer.
1-2 to 1-3 was good, but strangely Dragos and Peter felt they are faster in the corners front wing 2....(or I just suck so much in corner entry haha :)), so decided to go that way and sacrifice straight. And race with some luck in draft :)

Congrats to DHR for the championship. Really good performance from both your drivers yesterday, must of been the icing on the cake to get a 1,2 in the final race.

Unlucky to DMSv, you guys did a great job all season.

Thanks to all staff at STC for organising another great championship. Lets hope next years one will be even better for all.

Yeah that was a great way to end the season with a 1-2, although to be fair the tyre situation at the start really played into our hands and was a tough break for those guys.

The car was really good, so big thanks to the team for that - having that kind of backup gives a lot of confidence and takes the pressure out of situations and lets you just concentrate on the job in hand, so thanks again fellas :D.

I didn't have anything like the pace i thought i was going to need so i quite surprised how quick we were in the race - it soon made me forget the q fail :p. Once we had good track position, all we then needed was a solid pitstop and once that was done just made sure we got the cars home. My biggest worry was getting cut off as it was snowing quite heavily and the house lights were blinking on and off so i was just praying the juice held out and was glad to see the finish.

Great job by Keith on the win though - he was the fastest guy out there and fully deserved it.

Great running with you guys and hope to be there again next season.

Was excited to finally race in STC, after admiring from a far. I was scheduled in the blue cup to race a few races, but work interfered and I was unable to race.

Practice: Was very quick in the dry with full fuel and was trying to make sure the car was setup properly for the colder temps. In our practice sessions we had been running alot warmer temps, so I had to jack up the air pressure to get heat into the tires.

Quali: With the end of practice, I had put my wets on and made a few changes to the setup for wet...but had forgotten the tire pressures. This made the car extremely unstable on curbing, which i was full sideways near around twice in my hotlap...thus putting me in 16th place on the starting grid. (not good)

Race: With a big challenge in front of me coming from this far back, I loaded my car with fuel for my first stint with a full tank. And made sure everything on the car was setup properly.

As we approached the S/F line for the start i held back a bit and got a run on K. Bell in front as we approached the line it seemed there was a few who had checked up and I had to back off to not pass Bell before the S/F line but passed him just after. Entering T2 I was able to get inside of Sebastian, now up to 14th. Headed into T5 there was trouble ahead when Johan Pesula went around. This caused a bunch up and allowed me into 13th exiting T5. Approaching T6 I get inside Ivo, and we run side by side through T6 onto the back straight where I was able to use NIgel Atkins draft to get passed him, while pulling in NIgel like crazy. I Draft by Nigel down the straight, and am now running 11th half way through the first lap.

Ending lap 1 I am 11th behind Kris Larsson with the leaders in site!!

Down the front stretch I get a draft on Kris, this gets me close to him for T1 when he runs wide into T2 and gets loose I push to the inside and take P10. Down the long back stretch with Wiette in front in the draft of John Westerlund who is in defensive mode, with the speed I am carrying I look inside of Wiette but choose the outside... then wiette chooses inside of John, and I have a big head of steam outside and outbrake Wiette and John into T7 and I get by Wiette and am up beside John into T8 and get by him into P8 now but mid corner I see the DMS Driver Tackman struggling and he runs wide and I get inside up to P7 in 2 corners!!!

Now running P7 starting the 3rd lap!!! I have jack Keithly ahead of me with some flatout guys in the midst with the two RPM guys fighting. But also I can see the lead as clear as day.

Starting lap 4 I am right on Kevin Ledaux and I keep close to plan a pass down the back straight. Up to P6 with Jack in front and DHR's chances lookng good.

Starting lap 5 Jack is by Peter into T1 they both loose some momentum and I catch them both. Now on the back straight I get a big run on Peter and am able to get by into P5, and he tries to counter but I hold him off through T8.

Starting lap 6 in P5 with Jack just ahead and the 2 cars ahead of him under a blanket. Into T3 Jack totally outbakes himself and goes clear across the track. He allows the drivers to retake position, and I give him room to slip back on track. Down the back straight now...Jack is in front of my on the outside in Dragos' draft with Mateusz to the inside. I am in Jack's draft and gaining quick. I had intended to push jack through so we both couldve passed Dragos' but jack eased off the throttle and there was slight contact between him and I and we carried on. Now in P4 behind jack, with a struggling Dragos in front of Jack. There is a battle behind me with peter and Mateusz, who outbrakes himself into the last corner and gets my rear end which puts me around and back to P6...Mateusz conceded position after incident.

Lap 7 P6 chasing down Kevin Ledoux.

Lap 8 P6 up to P5 when Dragos pits... still chasing Kevin, Get close enough for a draft pass, up to P4

Lap 11 P4 getting closer to Peter

Lap 12 P4 Close enough to peter to attempt a draft pass. Once completed he is close and putting alot of pressure on.

After this with clear track in front and 2 teammates ahead, I put the car in a bit of a coast, not pushing too much, but keeping enough pace to keep Peter behind. Throughout the next few laps I close the gap on Teo in 2nd.

Teo pits first of the DHR cars, I pit 2nd and Jack pits 3rd. After the pit cycle is complete I am just passing Jack as he exits pit road. This completed the comeback from 17th. After this we simply saved the cars and brought it home for DHR. Well done jack and Teo (**** luck)

Thanks Damian for the chance to race in STC, also to the entire STC staff for all the efforts you put in. I run a league also and know what a commitment it is, and STC is 10 fold of mine. So thanks.

I watched the whole broadcast and bravo to the broadcast team, very well done...very professional.

See you guys in March for some Blue :)

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back