10 Days to go - Are You Le Mans 2018 Ready?

Might be so, but on top of that comes parking, camping/hotel, drive to and from, eating/drinking. It just tops out very high and very quickly.

True. I was referring to the ticket prices of €250, which are waaaay over the top. Ofcourse, if you count the other things, it will be expensive, unless you go with a few people, so you can split ofcourse. And, for the saturday-sunday, you won't need a hotel.. :)

But I get your point.

Depends how close it is whether I watch the entire thing, I usually catch most of it though. No idea who'll win it, other than highly unlikely to be Toyota - I think it depends if Rebellion get even more trouble than they're going to have, Toyota have thrown away far too many good results for any guarantee they're even going to be on the podium. Look what happened last year, all went wrong at the same time! and well, there's too many regulatory games with LMP performance at the moment.

I think I'm actually going to be following GTE-AM; Pro has turned into a farce, it's all about BoP politics rather than engineering. While AM has BoP, there's at least teams using the same cars in competition with each other, which is why I find GT3 interesting despite it's intrusive BoP. I can remember the years the Vipers used to win GT all the time, and then the Corvettes - did we really complain? too much politics these days.

I'll miss it this time but will watch the 52min report from WEC once it's out.
@Paul Jeffrey is it too much to ask to avoid having result spoilers of WEC races on the front page? Just like in F1.
Cheers
Why not have a first page banner saying "RESULTS" and then those that dont want to know skip clicking on it? That way everyone wins.

I'll definitely be watching as much of it as I can. I have the official superseason streaming package.
Hopefully Aston (and BMW) will be granted a better BoP, as going by Spa they have no chance at the moment... supporting the #95 DaneTrain! If not them, then I hope Porsche can do it in GTE-Pro. Am sure team sandbag will be up to their usual antics though, and you can never count out Corvette, as last year proved.

As for LMP1, can Toyota deliver a reliable car for the Spaniard driving #8? They should certainly have done enough testing!... I guess in some ways it would be the big story in the media, but also on the other hand, as much as I like and respect the guy, that's all people seem to be going on about, and it's a little annoying as there are plenty of other excellent drivers in this field. Hopefully the privateer LMP1s can take it to Toyota, despite their laptime and fuel disadvantage, and make it a good race.

The fun thing about Le Mans is the party atmosphere and also the help you get at the camp sites its good fun there and also the food too if I went again my brother would be straight in at the kitchens telling them how to get the perfect steak where we go to camp at but I am not revealing that area :)

As always I stay up and watch, couldn't care less about a green field with 20 or so millionaires on it.
So you would watch it if they had less money?? Makes me laugh how people always bring the money into it, they are professional sportsmen it pays very well, kind of like formula 1 does and do you really think that all the starters on the Le Mans grid are skint... Um no.

So you would watch it if they had less money?? Makes me laugh how people always bring the money into it, they are professional sportsmen it pays very well, kind of like formula 1 does and do you really think that all the starters on the Le Mans grid are skint... Um no.
It was a joke, at least not completely serious

Why not have a first page banner saying "RESULTS" and then those that dont want to know skip clicking on it? That way everyone wins.

Sure, that works for me.
All I ask is no spoilers in the pictures or titles of front page articles. (Spa for example was a pic of Toyota celebrating and the title was Alonso winning a race) There will likely be spoilers in the text of the article or the comments and that's normal so I avoid clicking on it until I watch the race but I can't avoid a picture/text in the front page.

I would have paid for the official streaming service, but WEC decided they don't want American customers' money.

I'd love to watch it, at least parts of it, but I live in Canada and I don't think it's on any TV network at all... :(

Velocity channel in the USA is carrying the race flag to flag...on broadcast TV....on a single channel...I think I need to lay down.

The FIA-WEC has made a deal with Velocity/Motor Trend TV ... who have put together three deals for race fans, One month about 5 bucks US. A one year subscription costs about $50 US and a 2 year deal is about $90 US.

THIS web page talks about the WEC races to be covered. The list of motor sports coverage that Motor Trend is offering is mind boggling, the schedule can be viewed HERE.

I live in an area where I can't get all the Fox Sports programing without buying a LOT of crapola from our cable providers and I can't buy individual apps unless I first buy all the programing my local provider sells ... most of which is quite useless to me AND expensive.

After a year of searching, IF (a big "if") I'm reading the information correctly, this Motor Trend TV is quite a good deal for me.

However, to answer the question at hand, IF (another big "if") Velocity/Motor Trend TV really does what it seems to say it does ... I will be staying up for the entire LeMans 24 Hour PLUS a whole bunch of other races.

Saturday morning UPDATE ... MT TV seems to work. I've just watched a live GT race from Spa. I can't say that I like the announcer much ... but at least I can see the races. ON TO LEMANS

It was a joke, at least not completely serious
Forgive me, I was just listning to talksport and if i hear one more person use the term 'overpaid prima Donna's' im gonna do a dirty protest. I can't stay up all night, i can barely stay awake for most races somthing about them always makes me really tired and it's definitely not boredom think its the engines, Im not one of them sleepy types either its strange

Forgive me, I was just listning to talksport and if i hear one more person use the term 'overpaid prima Donna's' im gonna do a dirty protest. I can't stay up all night, i can barely stay awake for most races somthing about them always makes me really tired and it's definitely not boredom think its the engines, Im not one of them sleepy types either its strange

So would you say a football match of 90 minutes is more in line with your attention span than endurance fans who can watch and experience for 24 hours?

This is also as seriously of a joke as my previous joke btw, in case it gets lost in translation.

Yes I just don't love any event enough to sellotape my eyes open for 24 hours. Ill watch the last couple of hours then the highlights. I think the endurance races are for the real motorsports geeks among us. Could probably watch the grid girls for 24 hours tho... Somthing about them catsuits. Dayyym.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 224 14.2%