10 Days to go - Are You Le Mans 2018 Ready?

Really? Wow.. If you go to their official site, Google 'ticket' and ' Le Mans', it will give a .org website you find a whole lot of different tickets.

I personally don't like to sit on a grandstand, so walking around is good enough, plus two parking tickets, plus tickets for Mulsanne, Arnage and Porsche curves, 5 people, for about 500 euros I guess, in total. And that's a ticket for the whole week.

• ronniej

DVR was a great innovation. One of, if not the best race still in existence.

I would have paid for the official streaming service, but WEC decided they don't want American customers' money. That's okay; I know where to go to watch it live. I'll go to bed as I usually do, then catch what I missed by using a private torrent tracker.

Since 2008 that I watch the full race on Eurosport.

Normally I pay more attention to the P1 race, but this year maybe I will pay attention more the the GTE Pro race.

Like some others on here, I'm on an early at work I think I'm going to miss the first hour or so :(

Really looking forward to it though, I usually watch via the app and then pick the onboard cameras that I want to watch during the race. Sometimes tune into Radio Le Mans as well although there is a delay of about 30-35 seconds between pictures and sound.

As others have said above I hope the French TV company will let us see some of the other battles through the field. Nothing worse that hearing them get all excited about a great battle on Radio Le Mans and being unable to see it! lol. However it's nowhere near as bad as it was. I seem to remember when Peugeot were around the producers just seemed to follow them all the time and that just annoyed the hell out of me :laugh: My fear is it'll become Alonso.tv :laugh:

Also wishing Jenson a good race, understandably most of the press have been following Alonso but Jenson is in with a good chance of doing well. Of the two he's probably had the slightly tougher introduction as he's literary had to jump into the car with minimal testing. I see he's about 3 seconds off his faster team mates at the moment but he can make that up. His consistency as a driver should help the team no end.

Nuts? Why nuts? It was 60-70 euros or something like it, for the whole week...

Might be so, but on top of that comes parking, camping/hotel, drive to and from, eating/drinking. It just tops out very high and very quickly.

So we rather watch 50 or so millionaires driving around in circles for 24 hours.

I generally stay in awe about the cars and the technology and the endurance aspect. You can't really compare 24 hours where the pilot is part of the project but can be betrayed by the car with a game of 90 minutes where the only non-human aspect is a leather ball that gets replaced if it would go flat.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 297 13.3%