1 - The rSeat 90 Minutes of Sebring

looking forward to old vine in new skins (gotta use biblical metaphors on Easter Sunday morning). From what I have seen on the practice server, competition will be dreadfully close, let's hope it's not going to be too close, which will result in too many contacts. Hope to see many chaps on the practice servers Mo to Wed.

I have a question about the qualifying.

Rules says:
"10 minutes Qualifying with 2 Super Pole laps format."

Can I then do 1 outlap and then 1 hotlap, pit and start my second outlap and hotlap?
Or does the 2 flying laps have to be in continuation? So, 1 outlap, 1 hotlap, 1 hotlap, pit.?

I have a question about the qualifying.

Rules says:
"10 minutes Qualifying with 2 Super Pole laps format."

Can I then do 1 outlap and then 1 hotlap, pit and start my second outlap and hotlap?
Or does the 2 flying laps have to be in continuation? So, 1 outlap, 1 hotlap, 1 hotlap, pit.?

Put simply, if you crash off on lap 1, you get another go at out lapping + hotlapping. If you return to the pits after your first hotlap though, you won't be able to do your second hotlap.

Staff just sent an email to the Team Managers explaining with detail the qualyfication process. Basically it is like that:

So these are the options you have to complete your qualy:

OPTION A: Outlap + Failed Hotlap (aborted*) + Outlap 2 & Completed Hotlap
*Aborted means hitting ESC to return to pit.

OPTION B:
Outlap + Completed Hotlap + Completed Hotlap

Hotlaps are counted when they are started, so finishing one hotlap means starting the next one authomaticly.

Remember any incident during the hotlap as an offtrack or a contact with a wall that is showed at the top of your screen (evem if it is 0x) will make the hotlap time not count.

Qualy time is limited to 10 minutes, so make sure you complete the laps before the chequered flag is showed.

aliens were doing 1:59:1 yesterday night on the pracci server, most of the clocked laps were between 2:00 and 2:02. The 107% rule should bite around 2:07:200. Will be interesting to see how different pit strategies work out. traffic will be huge the first dozen laps as we will probably have 35 or so players all within a 1.5 secs time-bracket, gonna be crowded! Good luck all players tonight, keep a level head, racecraft wil be more important than sheer speed.

I'm pretty confused by these timezones right now. If qualifying is starting at 18:50GMT today, that is 19:50 for someone living in the UK because of the clocks going forward, right?

Maybe better to ask when the event is starting based off the official timer on the website I guess. So yes, when is the event starting based off the official timer on stc.racedepartment.com?

Based on the official clock in the STC website event goes like this Jamie:
20:00 Free Practice
20:50 Qualy
21:00 Race

The STC Official Clock is in CEST time zone, that is 2 hours more than GMT. So Starting time in GMT is:
18:00 GMT Free Practice
18:50 GMT Qualy
19:00 GMT Race

Hi all,

one of my drivers has following two questions:

1) Start: I must ask about overtaking on start. Should we wait for finish line or we can pass immediately after green flag shown ?
2) Race time: does out lap count inside 90min or is out lap + 90min of racing

Thanks for answers (help),
Frank

Ps: I wish all drivers Good Luck and a happy race day to all :)

Hi all,

one of my drivers has following two questions:

1) Start: I must ask about overtaking on start. Should we wait for finish line or we can pass immediately after green flag shown ?
2) Race time: does out lap count inside 90min or is out lap + 90min of racing

Thanks for answers (help),
Frank

Ps: I wish all drivers Good Luck and a happy race day to all :)

1) I know in oval you are not allowed to overtake until the start / finish line, I am not 100% sure here though.

2) I am pretty sure the outlap is not counted towards the 90 minutes but again someone else will have to back me up on that.

Oh and thanks for clearing that up David!

You would think they would take 5 minutes and make proper rules for the road side as well.

Not being able to pass on the left side before start/finish on a road track is hilarious.
Right side is ok but left side, no no we can´t have that.

If the guys ahead is caught sleeping it will be fun seeing the whole field migrate to the right side :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back