1 INTERLAGOS GRAND PRIX

Status
Not open for further replies.
My race was fun untill I suffered from screenfreezes. Had to step on the brakes twice to not have an uncontrolled car jump around the track. Lost 80 seconds. Race gone.

It was a bit messy in the first 20-30 minutes of the race. Lots of bumping going on. Didn't really like that as I was driving conservatively, but my car survived. 14th Position. Nowhere near what it could have been.

Good news is that Peter stuck to his grid position and scored a good lot of points. Hopefully my teammates have more luck in the races to come. With freezes like this my STC season is over.

Well, as expected I qualified way at the back, 19th or 20th I think. Didn't have a good start and then I braked way too late into the first corner when the race started. Fortunately I didn't hit anyone but I ended up off track. To my surprise I managed to drive back up to the cars in front of me and I had a nice little fight with the two FOC cars. Made a small mistake and I was chasing Andy again. But then my screen froze and I found myself almost into the wall when I got the screen back... I think Andy had the same problem at exactly the same moment as he was gone when I could continue the race.

After that it was a lonely race for me, struggling with the tires like crazy. And with the bad performance I was having, don't know if the lag was from internet or hardware.

Still, good to see the STC running again, and congrats to the top 3 drivers!

Meh, not a good event for myself or Torrent. In my quali lap, I really blew it. Could have went 28.4 or even 28.3, but made an off in the second sector and slipped down to 4th. And then my race strategy wasn't that good at all, as I went for a 1 stopper and lost a lot of ground on the leaders with bad tire choice. Late on, I would have recovered my 4th from the FDR car, but I noticed that my fuel was on fumes and I needed to make a splash and go. Unfortunately, I forgot to put that on my presets and I wound up having to sit in the pits for a full stop as it took tires too... In the end I finished 9th and Simon had a mini dump, so not a good round for us.

Great race win Mikko, Pole and fastest lap too ! And with Risto's spirited recovery drive to 5th we have scored great points tonight !

Well done to all that finished , was great to watch even on liveview lol !

Sorry to see Flatout "Club" had problems but the team is strong this year and will bounce back for sure !

overall a good experience but unfortunatly on lap 10 there was a crash infront of me and i clipped the car that had spun and then i went into a spin myself and found myself going backwards into the barriers and BOOM lost rear wing

heading to pits to repair the wing spin on the main straight loooool regain it and take her into the pits for new the wing left me dead last, anyway i powered on did 2 pit stops as this was planned from the start but all other drivers were on 1 stop straitigy lool. so i went for my first pit and just soldiered on, passed a few cars how had crahes etc blown engines(thank god i saved mine) went for my second pit and then there was 20 mins to go so i said to myself lets go the tyres will be fine just go as fast as i can.

so managed to pass a few cars and then noticed i was gaining on my team m8 who had gone for a 1 stop stratigy so pushed as hard as i could and on the last few corners and the last lap i managed to get ahead
icon_e_wink.gif

does not matter that i was ahead because this is team points but from the effort i put in to get there i thaught im having you aswell loooool. soz m8

great experiance omg you guys are dam fast 1.28 race pace pfffff amazing stuff congrats to the podium

so over all 12-13 we finished i think roll on the next event that im in and good luck to whoever is in the next race
icon_e_wink.gif

regards

First of all i´m not amused how the driving going on first laps. After already two race laps my car looked like a dented trash can. Damaged left back, damaged left and right side box. That i was later chanceless on straight with that was no wonder.
Two time i tried to pass Danny outside which seems doesn´t interest him they let the car go and press me out. Next a hit from Fortunato and another one from Pierre like i´m not there. The two hits later from Wesley was only the cream on the ice. So my first stint was completely for nothing. I lost 7 positions and had a car which was one second slower then normal. Thx all who assisted to this.
The one incidents for itself wasn´t so hard but all together make it very hard. I was laready :mad:, then i noticed that i had the wrong tyres for second stint, so 2 stop to do. And cause that wasn´t enought a little stop and go aditional for speeding in pit - wonderful race. At least an incident with Konrad which was my fault, braked to late - i´m sorry for that. I had only the problem that i was still slower in the slipstream then he was cause my waste can from beginning.
That i still finished 10th was a result of many other incidents in the race, so i had not so much fun, sorry that i said it so dramatically but thats what i felt.
Again, every incident for his own wasn´t too much unfair but everything together i found it too much of this things.

Grats to podium and wd who could finish the race.

Two time i tried to pass Danny outside which seems doesn´t interest him they let the car go and press me out. .

Well, it seemed I had a bit of contact with more than a few drivers. In my opinion, I was being dive bombed like crazy, and being on hard tires it was tough for me to change my line in the middle of the corner when those tires were so cold. And, yes, you tried a few overtakes, but I thought I held my line. I will watch replay to see what happened. Sorry in advance, but I wasn't too pleased with the moves that were being tried against me...

That was fantastic season opener for Water blue racing as a new team 29 points in the pocket, two cars secured to the checkered flag, and ranking six on the teams' table.
I started from P20 after I did 1:32.XXX, and I wondering why! As my PB during practice sessions was 1:29.6XX , but I realized that the super pole setup I had automatically changed the tires compound from super soft to hard tires!! That was really strange!!!

I will divide my race to 3 stages:

1- How to "Attack from the back";
I knew that at least I can gain 5 positions, as I did the fault above during the Qualifying session, so I have been involved in a long train of cars managed to get into 15th place after while.

2- Do I need to change my strategy?!;
Since the formation laps took over about 9 minutes, the tiers' wear was good, and the fuel amount was good even better than the offline sessions I did "Which strange" so I changed my strategy plan from two pit stops to one pit stop "Carrying the fuel of the rest of the race and change the tiers for just one time instead of two pits", getting back into the track fight back for some positions and I managed to get into 14th and 13th and even 11th place.

3-last laps "Bye Bye Interlagos"
the enemy of the driver during the long races are "Not to be focus enough and car performance", with these two concept I did three slides hit the wall two times and enter the grass for the third and these slides cost me over 30 seconds, and the 11th position and then the 12th position to my team mate "Steve Beany" but the team got 12th and 13th which is not bad:cool:.

Best of luck!

Ihab Abbas

What a race that was, phew! I seem to have a kind of a love-hate relationship with this track. By that I mean that I love it and the track in turn hates me. It was expected that I'd be miles off my pace in quali and so I was only awaiting what would go wrong in the race this time. Well this time I had some kind of a pit bug because when I went in for my 2nd stop the pit crew was on a coffee break and thus too busy to come out and work on the car. So I went on to do another lap and when I returned they had finished and would now change my tires and refuel the car (yay!).

Well what else happened....to be honest not that much until my last stint. Well anyways after doing quite a few formation laps we got under way but the green flag was VERY late and almost messed my race start. So next time please GREEN FLAG THE RACE IN TIME and not when we're almost on the s/f line. Despite the mess I kept my P1 and proceeded to run away with it. I saw that Jesper couldn't follow me so I pushed on and tried to capitalize as much as possible on that. I pitted around lap 20 and dropped back to P7 I think. The fresh rubber now tenderly making love to the tarmac under me I was able to easily pass people all around the track and slowly clawed myself back to P1. At this point it was becoming obvious a lot of guys were on a one stopper. I continued pushing and when I saw Jesper in P2 was putting down equal time I decided to pit. Well this was when I had the pit bug and lost my lead almost completely while I hadn't even done my stop. After the 2nd try I got back on track in P7 again I think.

...Then I just let go. No more bs, this was it and I decided hold nothing back and to go FLATOUT!
I don't think I've had a car this perfect ever because I was absolute on the limit for the last 14-15 laps and sometimes even a bit over it but still in control somehow. With over 30 seconds to the leader I had no hopes in catching P1 or P2 but I was silently hoping maybe P3 could be in my grasp. But as the race was drawing to a close I noticed that I was up to 3s faster than the guys infront of me so I just pushed on. Catching people is one thing and passing is another...but as the leaders were on worn tires passing them was actually fairly easy. I was so determined to get back up there so I wasn't waiting around but taking the initiative all the time and it worked in the end. With only 2 laps (or 3?) to go I passed Jesper for the lead and went on to WIN it!

I can't describe how good it felt to come back in the last stint. I think this one of the best if not the best race ever for me.

Last but not least congratulations for Jesper and Peter for the podium finished and and extra special congratulation for my team mate Risto for an awesome comeback after missing the quali.

See you next time...some time. :D

Well this time I had some kind of a pit bug because when I went in for my 2nd stop the pit crew was on a coffee break and thus too busy to come out and work on the car.

sorry to here your problems Mikko thats bad luck as i have forgot to pay the mechanics sometimes and they never turn up for the event O.o

jokes aside congrats on your win dam your so fast well done to you and the team

Didnt have any pace at all. I managed a 1:28.9 in offline practice but was in the 31s in qualifying. Race came and I was in with the pack and working my way through. Some good door to door battling going on n then someone shunted me up the rear going into T3 (at the end of the the first long straight) and I half spun and was clipped by Steve. Sorry about that Steve, I was a passenger in that situation. After that I caught back up to the pack and then clipped the guy in front twice and decided to call it a night. Sorry about that, whoever it was.

Congrats to the podium and good luck for the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back