rF2 1.5hrs of Daytona with S397 Endurance - Fri 29 Jan 2021

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
My phone did some sort of reboot as it required a Passcode when I woke up... Strange. Thing is, my alarm is my phone meaning I've missed both of the alarms I set... Really not my week, hope you all have a good one and hope to see you next time out.

That was an awesome race! Apart from Jelle out front, the field looked really tight behind with 4 or 5 drivers within a few tenths. The start and the first few corners went well, I lost a position from an aggressive but fair @wayphaxx (Mark D.) and found myself 5th right until the busstop chicane...where I looped it because I missed my braking point. Its been a long time since I've made such a rookie mistake and I cursed mysel for it. Now I had to really work for it as I was last of the DP's in 13th.
Quickly despatched the first few cars and within laps I was back in 6th, slowly catching the pack. A few overtakes coupled with a fortunate break as 3rd and 4th collided with GT's meant I inherited 3rd. Then Jelle discoed(?) so I was 2nd, veeeery slowly Catching Mark. As the race wore on, I finally got into his tailpipe, got past, got repassed and then stuck myself to his rear like a tick for many laps. I just couldnt get past, but a nice sideeffect was that we were pulling away nicely with the tow.
After the last pitstop (2 perfect stops really) I came out in the lead and knuckled down to produce some consistant laps. Ever so slightly faster than Mark in the last stint, I finished 1st with a few seconds.
Mark, that was epic racing man! Cheers for that :thumbsup: And good work GT's, I didnt have a single issue other than catching you at the worst places :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone, great race! Had a good first 20 Minutes fighting for the lead with @xoSx.Racing and @PurgerUK. Great race pace as usual Dastan, could hardly keep up. Sorry for the little contact in T1, lost the rear a bit making me cut towards the inside a bit more than intended. After he had an incident with an LMP I had a bit of room and took it easier, trying to save tyres. Took a bit too much pace out and also too much fuel and lost P2 in the pits coming out right behind Dastan who had pitted about like 10 minutes earlier. Had a godd momentum with fresh tyres catching up to him doing may fastest laps. Unfortunatlely there was incident with @Colin Peach and someone else in front of us. Colin got back to speed from off track before the chicane while I was on the outside. Was still a bit in front going into the chicane and thought he would let me go ahead while he probable thought I'd leave the inside open and let him through so we collided and spun out. Sorry for the misunderstanding mate, really thought you'd let me have the line. Had a 10 sec gap after that that I could not close down and just finished. Got lappend by @Henri Sinik on the last lap with his alien pace. Congrats!
Thanks for organizing @Ole Marius Myrvold, great job as always!

I'm way too slow to enjoy anything sadly but I love running with the Prototypes plus it is rare to find server that runs them :)

You weren't far off me and Steve though? While it might sound like a racing-clichè, it really helps to get actual racing experience with the cars as well. No matter how hard you push by yourself in testing and practice it just won't replace the actual racing. It makes you find some tenths now and then at random :) Stick with it (and us) :)

Yeah my internet decided it had enough of me being in front lol

With that being said, and while I really appreciate every single driver that signs up and races here. It was a really lovely feeling to see you re-join and actually finish the race. There are so many drivers that give up after just making one error. You lost two laps, re-joined and raced until the finish. Amazing! :)

That was an awesome race! Apart from Jelle out front, the field looked really tight behind with 4 or 5 drivers within a few tenths. The start and the first few corners went well, I lost a position from an aggressive but fair @wayphaxx (Mark D.) and found myself 5th right until the busstop chicane...where I looped it because I missed my braking point. Its been a long time since I've made such a rookie mistake and I cursed mysel for it. Now I had to really work for it as I was last of the DP's in 13th.
Quickly despatched the first few cars and within laps I was back in 6th, slowly catching the pack. A few overtakes coupled with a fortunate break as 3rd and 4th collided with GT's meant I inherited 3rd. Then Jelle discoed(?) so I was 2nd, veeeery slowly Catching Mark. As the race wore on, I finally got into his tailpipe, got past, got repassed and then stuck myself to his rear like a tick for many laps. I just couldnt get past, but a nice sideeffect was that we were pulling away nicely with the tow.
After the last pitstop (2 perfect stops really) I came out in the lead and knuckled down to produce some consistant laps. Ever so slightly faster than Mark in the last stint, I finished 1st with a few seconds.
Mark, that was epic racing man! Cheers for that :thumbsup: And good work GT's, I didnt have a single issue other than catching you at the worst places :thumbsup:
Yeah, thanks for the clean race and really pushing me hard in that second stint, had to sweat for the position :D I really enjoyed that one. Sadly I made the mistake on the last pit stop and put too much fuel in, which resulted in 3s loss which probably cost me the win. Also kudos to GT's for holding their line to allow safe overtakes. Looking forward to the next one.

Also, thank you @Ole Marius Myrvold for making these types of races, hopefully many more to come (nords, le mans, ...)

Last edited:
Yeah, thanks for the clean race and really pushing me hard in that second stint, had to sweat for the position :D I really enjoyed that one. Sadly I made the mistake on the last pit stop and put too much fuel in, which resulted in 3s loss which probably cost me the win. Also kudos to GT's for holding their line to allow safe overtakes. Looking forward to the next one.

Also, thank you @Ole Marius Myrvold for making these types of races, hopefully many more to come (nords, le mans, ...)

We should do a series - a couple of longer endurance events and the rest sprints. Longer events would tend to lend themselves to Le Mans, Spa and Nurb.

We should do a series - a couple of longer endurance events and the rest sprints. Longer events would tend to lend themselves to Le Mans, Spa and Nurb.

I honestly don't know what the requirements for RD-Series run outside simracing.gp is these days. It used to be livestreaming etc.

I also, honestly have enough on my RD-plate atm. The RDRC is taking up a lot of time, so much time that I feel I'm just barely getting to test car&track combos enough for the club races (to see if the tracks works with rolling starts etc.).

But I have oh so many ideas when it comes to both small and big series' in terms of race-type, cars etc. if only we had more time!

I honestly don't know what the requirements for RD-Series run outside simracing.gp is these days. It used to be livestreaming etc.

I also, honestly have enough on my RD-plate atm. The RDRC is taking up a lot of time, so much time that I feel I'm just barely getting to test car&track combos enough for the club races (to see if the tracks works with rolling starts etc.).

But I have oh so many ideas when it comes to both small and big series' in terms of race-type, cars etc. if only we had more time!
What I had in mind was that hopefully we can have more of these types of races (90 minutes daytona, 2.4hr Le Mans, 80minutes of Nords like we did in 2020, etc...), I wasn't talking about full blown 24hr events, I don't think there are enough of us to even make it work.
That said, I really appreciate what you're doing here and keeping the community alive, providing some great fun races :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back