rF2 1.5h GT3 CLUB @ Salem Valley - Sat 17th Jan

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I didn't have much practice before the race so every time i did a lap i learned something new.

To avoid a big disaster i stayed back always looking to improve my lap time but never forcing to much. This allowed me to do one stop and avoid constant mistakes. It was when i pushed a little harder in the last minutes that things got out of control but managed to stay on course and finish the race.:)

I liked the track and it provided some nice close racing in the first minutes. Did better than expected so it was fun. Thanks to all that raced and see on the next one. :thumbsup:

First of all, I would like to thanks rF2 RD guys to organized the race and be there.
I think I was the third, maybe fourth fastest yesterday, but guys in Ferraris around me simply weren˙t lucky enough. Hero of the race is Aleksi for sure, who had a terrible accident infront of me with some backmarker, somehow crowled with the wreck to pits, but managed to claim on the podium in the next hour. Epic drive, mate :thumbsup:. I would like to thanks all the guys, who were a bit slower and left us enough room for overtaking and all the respect to endurance club races newcomers just to be on the starting line and even bigger respect to all finishers :).

yesterday i tried to watch a part of the race as a spectator, bu when i entered i was having some lag, seing the cars "jumping" in the track so i ended up leaving the server, hope you guys had a nice race :thumbsup:

Thanks Matej! :)
After the crash I pitted and turned on the music and just started cruising around the track.:D Had to stop for a second time to get new tires and was about 20 sec behind Lorin with 20 mins remaining. Was chasing him down until a couple of laps before the end he crashed. Would have been very close battle otherwise.
As always, thanks to the organizers and see you in the next one.

Presumed fun race .
No doubt Aleksi , was higher but for the second position an interesting battle was expected .
At first I let my mate Marçel Bonet as I saw who had more pace and could approach Matej and Aleksi they had gone a little. This happened .
Then disaster struck Aleksi with folded and already in third position I take it easy . A little later, my mate Marçel touch a little in the last chicane and exits out of the loop (funny comments via TS as you could go back into the circuit, saw several turns through the trees , grazing as cows, looooool , finally got it ) . I was already in second place about 6 ss Matej , we were at a similar rate , but make a mistake and I will . We entered the same lap to refuel and change tires , off the sting he returns to tighten and again I commit another risking failure , so for Restraint I take it easy until the end.
Good second position.
Matej congratulate him on his victory , Aleksi for its incredible pace and his great comeback and generally all ended .
Good behavior in general track of all pilots .
Thank RD for this event ( great choice of circuit did not know ) and see you at the next .

I had great fun yesterday. Thanx guys! :thumbsup:

Although I couldn't get below 2:14, I knew I could gain some spots if I would keep out of trouble and don't crash my car.
Race start was slow and after puting a bit of pressure on the car on my front bumper could pass one on the inside mid 3rd sector and one on the oustisde at the end of the 2nd sector and was able to drive away from them. Had 1 pitstop at the end of lap 22 and kept on driving. Had two major spins in my final stint, but besides some left front suspension damage no trouble to drive around the track.
Gained time on Yuri who was missing his front splitter and with just a few minutes to go the question was if I could get near him or not... I was... and in the final lap, in the final chicane I could take the inside line and took it... 5th or 6th. Great fun and what I have seen all clean. Yup, another great event and the first time to get to the finish without blowing my engine (McLaren). BMW rulez! :D

Thanx RD and the organizers for this event! :thumbsup:

Stefan you are right, I will pass McLaren next time for sure. It is a tyre eater and in the last 5 laps I felt engine power slowly disappearing and machine get a strange noise at acceleration. I don´t know, maybe that was only in my mind :unsure:, but I have to look, what my western neighbours (Italy) have to offer :).

Jose, I was waiting, when you will go to the pits and laughed loud when I saw you turned in just behind me :D.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back