rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Road America - Saturday 2nd May 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Great practice....poor qualifying pace...woeful race! I broke a fraction too late at the sharp right in sector three on lap 2. To avoid punting someone, I decided to take the gravel instead...and span...from then on I was hot-lapping alone, but lost concentration (predicted well didnt i @David O'Reilly! ) on lap ten and went head first in to a wall ruining my steering. Anyway, thanks for hosting guys. With more miles under my belt in this mod, my consistency can only improve and hopefully match my practice pace (hopefully!)

I do love the BES 911.
@Joao Fernandes took off in his own class in the Macca, sorry to make you lonely by not keeping up.
But behind him was @Gijs van Elderen , Andreas and myself in such a tight battle for the first 15 laps. We all had some time at the front. Andreas seemed to have the edge in pace but once he let Gijs sneak in front there he stayed. Andreas made a small error in a slow corner and I was through. Gijs seemed to be getting some throttle understeer once the tyres had some wear and I managed to get through. But it wasnt over. @Andreas Oehrlich came back to threaten again. The three leaders all pitted on the same lap and some how Andreas entered the pits behind me and left before me! Nice pit stop.
So we battled again and Andreas seemed to have more top speed but his car wasn't as strong under brakes. After a small issue in a big braking zone and I got through.

So 44 laps of intense concentration. Great fun thanks guys and thanks to Gijs for organising it.
@Phil Shillitoe shame you had your crashes as you were on the money pace wise.
@Jyri Kettunen sorry you couldnt stay on. Next time.
Hope to see you at another one soon.

Great race but I'm not that satisfied with my own performance.
After some practice laps I felt very comfortable with the Porsche and the track so I was very confident at the start. After some laps I got some weird brake problems so it was very difficult braking into a turn and as a result I had some "small" spins.
However, I had some great fights with @Gijs van Elderen and @David O'Reilly. In the second stint I adjusted my brake bias and it felt a lot better than before but it was way too late to do a proper race with all the fast guys here.
The pace was very good at the front so I wasnt able to close the gap to the end.
In summary it was a fun race and during such a long race distance I'm learning always some new stuff about the car, the tires and its behavior so its an enrichment in all aspects driving here ;)
See you on track guys.

Andreas,
You had great speed.
Peak brake temps for this car are 250-500deg. I was running brake duct #5. Even with #4 it felt weaker. So you might possibly had fade?

I was using the APEX porsche. Top speed was great! :p
But corner speed was a bit less. Especially in the long right corner at the back of the track.

BTW: i don't what happend during Quali: you all left the server 1 by 1. Only Joao and me where on the server. It might be the VSCC league. They run on the same server machine.:cautious: Luckely it didn't effect the race. :cool:

Last edited:
I was using the APEX porsche. Top speed was great! :p
But corner speed was a bit less. Especially in the long right corner at the back of the track.

BTW: i don't what happend during Quali: you all left the server 1 by 1. Only Joao and me where on the server. It might be the VSCC league. They run on the same server machine.:cautious: Luckely it didn't effect the race. :cool:
Ahhh, that explains it. Yes it wasn't turning in too well there at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back