rF2 1.5h GT3 Club @ Mountain Peak (Roadcourse) - Saturday 14th February 2015

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I just tried it. It's super hard to get out of the pits, but once I got out the track was good. Just a bit slippery but there was no realroad yet

Hmmmm ... is it possible, Nissan will be my weapon of choice this time?

:)

gtr.png

I am not sure, is this a bug or has to be that way, but if you cross white line on left at pit exit, game doesn˙t recognise you are already on the track. So, do not cross it :thumbsup:.

Going to share my review of the two 911 GT3 cars.
Anyone who is keen, please drive both!

OK Brace yourselves for a Gary O'Anderson tech report on the new V.90 Ap[ex Modding 911 GT3 vs the BES 1.0 GT3.

I ran 10 laps or so in each at Mt Panorama. (don't tell anyone I have this track- top secret).
Now I have real head motion installed this track is just amazing to drive in the BES 911. I didnt want to stop. Anyway.....

First the objective data:
Lap time
BES 2:09.5 (S1 52.290) (S2 35.836) (S3 41.373)
Apex 2:11.1 (S1 52.796 or +.5sec) (S2 37.086 or +1.247 ) (S3 41.236* or - .137)

*The apex car was on the limiter (at 272kph) before the Jim Beam banner 1/2 way down Conrod. (edit now unlocked gears) With a longer gear it would have made poss another .5 sec in that sector. The BES car hit 272 but wasnt on red line. (see Base drag)

Apex car was much less "secure" as the sector times in the turny bits would indicate.
The rear did want to overtake the front quite a bit and the 2:11 lap was the only one I managed below about 2:13, whereas the BES car was very consistent.

I managed to reduce this tendency with more rear brake bias, if you line the Apex car up well you can really punish the brakes. If you dont it will swap ends. It also liked to try to swap ends over the top of the mountain.
By the end I had the setup pretty much maxed to get oversteer on exit even the pre load which I would have liked to keep high for braking.
I liked it more as the session went on and I got the hang of it more but I never loved it.

The stats
BES/Apex
Weight: 1320/1300
Hp @ Rpm 524@8750 // 473 @ 7800 BES more power at higher revs
Torque 504@6000 // 450 @ 6500 BES more torque at lower revs
Base Drag .420/.306 Apex lower base drag then negates this power.##
Opt Oil temp Safe Oil temp 100.5/112 // 100/135 Apex massive safe oil temp= car won't break.
Weight Dist 41/59 // 37/63 Both seem to work, feel like 911s
Power to weight hp per Kg .40/.36 Negated by drag
Brakes Power Front/ rear 4200/3550 // 4897/3416 Lot of braking power in Apex, youll need it!
Brakes Opt Temp 250-550 / 350-700 Apex high temps for iron brakes.
Engine life 27 hours // 36 Hours. With this and the massive max safe temp this car wont break.

Fuel use was similar. 2.7 vs 2.9 lit/lap.

Summary.
The Apex is nice to drive and now feels like a 911. The BES IMO is a better execution. I would have stayed lapping at Mt Panorama in it for hours just for the pleasure.
It could do with a bit more drag as only the gearing was stopping it from doing 300.
Issues I would see a s single make series car.
Engine cooling to to minimum (too easy)
Wing up high as you the limiter will stop you anyway (too easy) (edit incorrect with gearing unlocked)
but then it will understeer.
Brakes you cant hurt much.
Tricky under brakes.

I would def recommend a couple of club races in BOTH cars and get the feedback.

## to put base drag levels into perspective.
ISI GTR 1 = .375
BES cars .420-.440
URD cars .320 (Ferrucio) to .400 (C6)
URD LMP1 .230.

Dr Ing G. O'Anderson over and out.

Part 2

I did another session with some slight setup changes.
Unlocking the gearing gave me 293 kph!
I gave it more rear grip (suspension and aero) so the car wasnt so nervous under brakes and in faster corners, it did feel better and more secure. The lap time was the same despite all the extra speed.
IMO the BES1.0 still edges it.
This judges Score
BES 9/10
Apex 7.5/10:geek:

Edit #2
This is just one blokes (who likes the 911) review.
When you drive the two cars be aware they require a very different approach to setup.
The BES Car has a rear end that needs to be made a bit grippier and the diff adjusted to enhance its performance. Add lock on coast and reduce it on power.
The Apex car has a rear that won't let go and a front that wont grip as much in defaults. So soften the front and add spring and slow bump damper to the rear.
In this folder HERE
You will find setups for both cars (look for Apex or BES).
The Bathurst setup requires more diff lock on coast and a little grippier rear to cope with the undulations and direction changes in the downhill esses. So you might want to adjust it a bit but not a bad starting point.

IMO the Apex team have made a huge step forwards with the .90 version:thumbsup:. The .89 was not driveable. This one is and its pretty nice too. Just not the best out their IMO;)

Last edited:
I tried the new apex 911 on Mountian Peak and it really sucked.Even on the oval part of the track it wanted to push and badly overheat the tires.The BES version is still much better imo.

I barely dare to say it, but I will be there. Got a new router, got some spare time and another wheel to fix my downshifts. I had double downshifts on every downshift and nomatter how I set it up in the player.json it just kept on doing it!

I am afraid, I will not be at home for Saturday˙s race. This week my son has qualified in older handball team and suddenly he has a game to play on Saturday afternoon. I will do everything to be back in time and join you, but put a little star next to my name, please :(.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing