• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

1.5h GT3 Club @ Mountain Peak (Roadcourse) - Saturday 14th February 2015

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Daiman Patel, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Yuri

Yuri
    VELES LMP2 #21

Ratings:
    +546
    I just tried it. It's super hard to get out of the pits, but once I got out the track was good. Just a bit slippery but there was no realroad yet

2. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing

Ratings:
    +1,080
    Just follow the yellow line and the direction the engineer shows you in the pits then you will find a way out. I struggled as well the first time:D

3. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix

Ratings:
    +873
    Hmmmm ... is it possible, Nissan will be my weapon of choice this time?

:)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Ratings:
    +6,178
    So Florian Strauss has backed up his perfomances in an Race Department Touring Pro Bathurst race with a real life win!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix

Ratings:
    +873
    I am not sure, is this a bug or has to be that way, but if you cross white line on left at pit exit, game doesn˙t recognise you are already on the track. So, do not cross it :thumbsup:.

6. Tomaz Selcan

Tomaz Selcan

Ratings:
    +100
    I need to step out of race. Too bad

7. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly
    A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.

Ratings:
    +6,178
    Going to share my review of the two 911 GT3 cars.
    Anyone who is keen, please drive both!

OK Brace yourselves for a Gary O'Anderson tech report on the new V.90 Ap[ex Modding 911 GT3 vs the BES 1.0 GT3.

I ran 10 laps or so in each at Mt Panorama. (don't tell anyone I have this track- top secret).
    Now I have real head motion installed this track is just amazing to drive in the BES 911. I didnt want to stop. Anyway.....

First the objective data:
    Lap time
    BES 2:09.5 (S1 52.290) (S2 35.836) (S3 41.373)
    Apex 2:11.1 (S1 52.796 or +.5sec) (S2 37.086 or +1.247 ) (S3 41.236* or - .137)

*The apex car was on the limiter (at 272kph) before the Jim Beam banner 1/2 way down Conrod. (edit now unlocked gears) With a longer gear it would have made poss another .5 sec in that sector. The BES car hit 272 but wasnt on red line. (see Base drag)

Apex car was much less "secure" as the sector times in the turny bits would indicate.
    The rear did want to overtake the front quite a bit and the 2:11 lap was the only one I managed below about 2:13, whereas the BES car was very consistent.

I managed to reduce this tendency with more rear brake bias, if you line the Apex car up well you can really punish the brakes. If you dont it will swap ends. It also liked to try to swap ends over the top of the mountain.
    By the end I had the setup pretty much maxed to get oversteer on exit even the pre load which I would have liked to keep high for braking.
    I liked it more as the session went on and I got the hang of it more but I never loved it.

The stats
    BES/Apex
    Weight: 1320/1300
    Hp @ Rpm 524@8750 // 473 @ 7800 BES more power at higher revs
    Torque 504@6000 // 450 @ 6500 BES more torque at lower revs
    Base Drag .420/.306 Apex lower base drag then negates this power.##
    Opt Oil temp Safe Oil temp 100.5/112 // 100/135 Apex massive safe oil temp= car won't break.
    Weight Dist 41/59 // 37/63 Both seem to work, feel like 911s
    Power to weight hp per Kg .40/.36 Negated by drag
    Brakes Power Front/ rear 4200/3550 // 4897/3416 Lot of braking power in Apex, youll need it!
    Brakes Opt Temp 250-550 / 350-700 Apex high temps for iron brakes.
    Engine life 27 hours // 36 Hours. With this and the massive max safe temp this car wont break.

Fuel use was similar. 2.7 vs 2.9 lit/lap.

Summary.
    The Apex is nice to drive and now feels like a 911. The BES IMO is a better execution. I would have stayed lapping at Mt Panorama in it for hours just for the pleasure.
    It could do with a bit more drag as only the gearing was stopping it from doing 300.
    Issues I would see a s single make series car.
    Engine cooling to to minimum (too easy)
    Wing up high as you the limiter will stop you anyway (too easy) (edit incorrect with gearing unlocked)
    but then it will understeer.
    Brakes you cant hurt much.
    Tricky under brakes.

I would def recommend a couple of club races in BOTH cars and get the feedback.

## to put base drag levels into perspective.
    ISI GTR 1 = .375
    BES cars .420-.440
    URD cars .320 (Ferrucio) to .400 (C6)
    URD LMP1 .230.

Dr Ing G. O'Anderson over and out.

Part 2

I did another session with some slight setup changes.
    Unlocking the gearing gave me 293 kph!
    I gave it more rear grip (suspension and aero) so the car wasnt so nervous under brakes and in faster corners, it did feel better and more secure. The lap time was the same despite all the extra speed.
    IMO the BES1.0 still edges it.
    This judges Score
    BES 9/10
    Apex 7.5/10:geek:

Edit #2
    This is just one blokes (who likes the 911) review.
    When you drive the two cars be aware they require a very different approach to setup.
    The BES Car has a rear end that needs to be made a bit grippier and the diff adjusted to enhance its performance. Add lock on coast and reduce it on power.
    The Apex car has a rear that won't let go and a front that wont grip as much in defaults. So soften the front and add spring and slow bump damper to the rear.
    In this folder HERE
    You will find setups for both cars (look for Apex or BES).
    The Bathurst setup requires more diff lock on coast and a little grippier rear to cope with the undulations and direction changes in the downhill esses. So you might want to adjust it a bit but not a bad starting point.

IMO the Apex team have made a huge step forwards with the .90 version:thumbsup:. The .89 was not driveable. This one is and its pretty nice too. Just not the best out their IMO;)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. Matt Horst

Matt Horst
    Premium

Ratings:
    +312
    I tried the new apex 911 on Mountian Peak and it really sucked.Even on the oval part of the track it wanted to push and badly overheat the tires.The BES version is still much better imo.

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. TTupsi

TTupsi
    Rules are overrated, choose Wreckfest Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,249
    Sign me up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Frank

Frank
    RaceDepartment Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,034
    I barely dare to say it, but I will be there. Got a new router, got some spare time and another wheel to fix my downshifts. I had double downshifts on every downshift and nomatter how I set it up in the player.json it just kept on doing it!

• Like Like x 1
  11. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,131
    Is that why I keep getting stop and go penalties?

12. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing

Ratings:
    +1,080
    You have to change the setup and dail in a lot of oversteer. Anything near default in all Apex cars is understeer hell :(

13. Matt Horst

Matt Horst
    Premium

Ratings:
    +312
    Yes did do that and also low wing,it helped some but it was still very bad on the oval part.

14. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing

Ratings:
    +1,080
    I will upload my setup from yesterday later. I did 30min and the oval was fine. Sometimes a small lift in the second turn but tire temps were under conrtol. I mostly siffend the rear suspension and went up a bit on the wing from my cery low setting.

15. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,753
    Everytime I enter the server.... the track is green. :p Maybe the autosave rear road is not selected. :)

16. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    rFactor 2 Technical Assistant Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +3,086
    Resolved! :D Apologies, I have been so busy of late that I forgot to change the server set up.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,753
    Thanx Daiman! :thumbsup:

18. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,131
    So are both Apex and BES available for this race?

19. Yuri

Yuri
    VELES LMP2 #21

Ratings:
    +546
    they sure are

20. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix

Ratings:
    +873
    I am afraid, I will not be at home for Saturday˙s race. This week my son has qualified in older handball team and suddenly he has a game to play on Saturday afternoon. I will do everything to be back in time and join you, but put a little star next to my name, please :(.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.