1.4 update - Sky's all white

Same here, but with default graphics and zero mods installed.
Is it with pp effects on or off? It may look bad if you turn it off, so try with it enabled. Other than that, verify cache integrity in steam library, right click on game - properties, local files tab.
If it doesn't work, try the game with new user settings. For that, go to your Documents folder and rename assettocorsa to something like adding a new letter. Then when you open the game you'll receive new user settings.

White sky on my end too, I have no graphics mods or SweetFX. Doesn't matter if I have PP effects on or off, they're all just varying shades of white with the occasional wisp of blue here and there.
Did you verify cache integrity on steam? After that check again with default pp enabled. For pp effects disabled, I saw a post that they're working to patch that in a hotfix in the following days.

Is it with pp effects on or off? It may look bad if you turn it off, so try with it enabled. Other than that, verify cache integrity in steam library, right click on game - properties, local files tab.
If it doesn't work, try the game with new user settings. For that, go to your Documents folder and rename assettocorsa to something like adding a new letter. Then when you open the game you'll receive new user settings.

Thanks for the hint. The sky went back to normal when I renamed the settings file as suggested.

Did you verify cache integrity on steam? After that check again with default pp enabled. For pp effects disabled, I saw a post that they're working to patch that in a hotfix in the following days.

Tried both, didn't really make any difference. I get a hint of blue but it's bright and washed out. Oh well, it's nothing I can't live with.
2015-12-16_00004.jpg

Tried both, didn't really make any difference. I get a hint of blue but it's bright and washed out. Oh well, it's nothing I can't live with.
View attachment 114811
Then it must be due to where the sun is located. There are places in this track where you see more blue sky, but other parts where the sun light combines. It could also just be this car that has different or higher values than other cars in the same track.
Pageup Pagedown buttons controls the exposure %, with pp effects on.

Then it must be due to where the sun is located. There are places in this track where you see more blue sky, but other parts where the sun light combines. It could also just be this car that has different or higher values than other cars in the same track.
Pageup Pagedown buttons controls the exposure %, with pp effects on.

I tried morning, noon, afternoon, and evening, multiple tracks, and three different cars, same in all of them.

I'll try the exposure trick, that might help. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Lowering the exposure helped a bit.

Last edited:
Personally I got the "Nuclear Explosion" effect since 1.2, or even 1.1. (I forgot)
I ALWAYS had to use customized filters, otherwise the over-exposure was insane.:confused:

So now we have 1.4...
They say "DO NOT USE CUSTOMIZED FILTERS AND WEATHER"...
Alright then... I deleted my custom weather and filters, and launched a race...
BAM! Welcome back, white sky and overexposure!:O_o:
OK, so, some people say "oh just use page up and page down to adjust exposure"...
Okaaay then, let's do this... Eeeeeew it's ugly! Lighting, contrast, colors, everything is washed out.
Sorry, it doesn't "fix" anything.
Also, why would Kunos release a game like this? Having to manually change the exposure like this is so weird...
Soooo....:whistling:
I restore my customized filters and weather files...
And it looks GREAT in 1.4. And no problems, no incompatibility, all weathers work.:)
So...
I don't understand why they ask us to stop using customized pp filters.:cautious:

Also, I want to know which part of the files have been "updated".
I opened them and tried to find what was updated and didn't find anything.

On a side note, my graphic card might be old now. (Crossfire ATI Radeon 5700):rolleyes:
I never really understood what caused that overexposure...

Personally I got the "Nuclear Explosion" effect since 1.2, or even 1.1. (I forgot)
I ALWAYS had to use customized filters, otherwise the over-exposure was insane.:confused:

So now we have 1.4...
OK, so, some people say "oh just use page up and page down to adjust exposure"...
Okaaay then, let's do this... Eeeeeew it's ugly! Lighting, contrast, colors, everything is washed out.
Also, why would Kunos release a game like this? Having to manually change the exposure like this is so weird...
And it looks GREAT in 1.4. And no problems, no incompatibility, all weathers work.:)
So...
I don't understand why they ask us to stop using customized pp filters.:cautious:

On a side note, my graphic card might be old now. (Crossfire ATI Radeon 5700):rolleyes:
They explained in this post: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/use-default-ppeffects-with-1-4.29246/

So now we have 1.4...
So...

Which filters are you using? If they're still working properly I'll give them a go and see if they make things look nicer.

First picture :
Kunos' Clear weather, with default PP filter.
Second picture :
My personal "CLEAR 2 - Normal" weather with "Sunny 3 - SOFT" PP filter.
It sure isn't perfectView attachment 114946 View attachment 114947 but it's still much better.:O_o:
For me this is how it looks (see image below, in the spoiler tag), with default filter and settings, and 2pm clear sky. (I took the image in hood view, but cockpit works the same, no issue here). But I installed the game from scratch, deleted in steam folder and documents. Maybe is not necessary to do as much, but a cache integrity check in steam library should do it, and perhaps cutting out the folder cfg from Documents/assetto corsa. Then open the game menu and check on track how it is. If it works fine, then go back to the cut cfg folder and copy your controls and controller files.

My image example:
AHkxVas.jpg

But is good that they are working on a hotfix, since not all users can solve only with workarounds.

For me this is how it looks (see image below, in the spoiler tag), with default filter and settings, and 2pm clear sky. (I took the image in hood view, but cockpit works the same, no issue here). But I installed the game from scratch, deleted in steam folder and documents. Maybe is not necessary to do as much, but a cache integrity check in steam library should do it, and perhaps cutting out the folder cfg from Documents/assetto corsa. Then open the game menu and check on track how it is. If it works fine, then go back to the cut cfg folder and copy your controls and controller files.

My image example:
AHkxVas.jpg

But is good that they are working on a hotfix, since not all users can solve only with workarounds.

Yeah, mine looks nothing like that, it doesn't look as bad as @Lily Starfox example, but the sky is mostly white on all tracks under all time/weather conditions. My AC install is only a few weeks old (just did the Win10 upgrade not long ago) and is basically stock other than a few mod tracks. I did the integrity check last night and it made no difference. I'm not going to faf around with renaming/removing folders though, shouldn't have to do that just to get the game working like it should. Hopefully they fix it soon, or hopefully some of the graphics mods still work and can bring in some color.

Yeah, mine looks nothing like that, it doesn't look as bad as @Lily Starfox example, but the sky is mostly white on all tracks under all time/weather conditions. My AC install is only a few weeks old (just did the Win10 upgrade not long ago) and is basically stock other than a few mod tracks. I did the integrity check last night and it made no difference. I'm not going to faf around with renaming/removing folders though, shouldn't have to do that just to get the game working like it should. Hopefully they fix it soon, or hopefully some of the graphics mods still work and can bring in some color.
I just saw I have the same now, but only for the lotus 25. Haven't really tried this car so just saw it now. When I'm in the pits the sky area is mostly white but then when I get out of the pits to the first downhill section, the sky gets blue again. Then along the track there are some parts where it gets more white again. I didn't notice this with other cars, maybe the amg gt3 is close to the exposure/white settings of lotus 25.

I just saw I have the same now, but only for the lotus 25. Haven't really tried this car so just saw it now. When I'm in the pits the sky area is mostly white but then when I get out of the pits to the first downhill section, the sky gets blue again. Then along the track there are some parts where it gets more white again. I didn't notice this with other cars, maybe the amg gt3 is close to the exposure/white settings of lotus 25.

I drove 3 cars but they were all cars from DP3. Perhaps it's something to do with the new cars? I'm not terribly bothered by it, my monitors aren't the best so it everything looks a bit sub-par on them anyway.

I updated the game yesterday and was quiet shocked about the bright white "overlay". It increases very much from short to far distance.

I don't use PP-Filters and never installed any.

My PC: i5-4460 / 8gb RAM / ATI HD 5850

Can anyone tell for sure, whether it is a game bug (which hopefully gets fixed soon) or if I have to do the research on my side?

Before 1.4 I was very happy with the look without PP-Filters. Now it's no fun since it looks too unreal now. :(

My best wishes to Kunos and fingers they get it solved soon, so the inpatient ones stop bashing on the game. ;)

It's a bug. Can't understand how Kunos releases updates like this. Where is proper testing?

Try this as suggested on AC forum. Worked for me.

1. Go to your SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\content\weather\ make a backup of all subfolders for later, but you may also repair these later by doing an integrity check of game cache if you somehow destroy them.
2. The subfolders have a setting per weather type (heavy_fog, light_fog, clear, mid_clear, light_clouds, mid_clouds, heavy_clouds). I edited only clear and mid_clear as they are the only one used by my racing the last week.
3. Open the weather.ini in subfolders for the weather you need to modify.
4. Under [FOG] , reduce the BLEND=0.8 to 0.2

Example:

[FOG]
COLOR=2.25,3.0,4.28
;BLEND=0.8
BLEND=0.2
DISTANCE=12000

By using semicolon (; ) you can make the BLEND=0.8 a comment so Assetto corsa will just skip that line as it thinks its a comment instead of a syntax. Nice to have a comment for a later backup/restore option.

Previously, I tried to fix this with weather files from natural graphics mod, then I read about BLEND value. I kept both changes.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%