GT6 1/4/2013 MX-5 TC @ Spa-Francorchamps

Date: Tuesday 1st April, 8.30PM GMT, 9.30AM NZDST (New Zealand Daylight Savings Time)
Car: Mazda MX-5 touring Car
Track: Spa-Francorchamps
Track Settings: Time: 6.00am, Time Acceleration: 20, Grip: Real, Weather: Wet
Laps: 2x10 Laps
Tyres: Racing Hard (RH)
PP: No Limit
Tuning: Notes Below
Aids: ABS: 1, Driving Line

Standard RD rules apply: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/rules.10978/

I will be hosting the event so you will need to send me a friend request on PSN. My PSN ID is devilracer1987

You don’t need to be a licensed member to take part in the event.

To sign up, post a comment below with your name and PSN.

Entry List
1- Richard Coleman (devilracer1987)
2- Rui F. Martins
3- Morne Du Plooy
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-

I let Rui pick the Track and car (well the car anyway, we decided together on the track :D ). To my amazement he chose a little gem the MX-5 TC. I'm really impressed with this car and its ability to turn corners even on damp track on racing slicks it just sticks like fly paper.

Something to note about this event Intermediate/Wet tires will need to be available. Slicks will not be an option. Dark track turning light with RAIN! Yes you read that correctly this round will be wet.

Tuning notes. Only the supercharger is allowed. Not turbo kits allowed so it's kept an even playing field. Also stock settings only for suspension/brakes/power/downforce/LSD/whatever else I've forgotten. This car drives well on stock settings so that's what we will use. If other parts are available apart from the Supercharger then feel free to add them. To reiterate NO TURBO KITS!

As usual sign up below and all on topic questions will be answered.

Last edited:
Well this race was a good 9-10 laps for me. Right until my controller decided to flick me the bird and say f*** you Im ruining your race. From first to DNF in the matter of 10 seconds or so. Totally gutted as I was having a truly epic fight for first with Sakis. Rui was a good sport and Im really happy to see him improving every week.

Edit: Reserved for race times.

Last edited:
this race was a lot of fun, it was very tricky in these conditions, especially using a controler, although this car is easy to drive, so it was relatively easy to handle the car in these conditions. At the begining of the race i was able to keep up but at a certain point i started t get sleepy( which usualy only happens when i play GT offline, don't know why though... :unsure:) when that happened i started to make some mistakes which resulted in a lot of time lost, eventually i recovered and started to recover my pace runing in 2:58/2:59, and near the end of the race i was able to get almost the same pace as in the begining (when i was running in 2:56) and i di a couple of laps between 2:57/2:58.
this was a great event, we should use this car more often, is very easy to drive, yet fun :thumbsup:
thank you for the race, see you next week :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back