1.27 (new tire model / mods effect)?

Hi all,

I just tried the new 1.27 version of the game using original content and it is no doubt one of the finest sims available. The feeling is amazing, even better than it was before.
Only thing I noticed was when driving some mods (for instance, Endurance Series, Porsche vs Ferrari or Porsche 911 3L) the tire behavior was somewhat like the Opalas. I could almost feel the tirewall deforming in curves, not to mention the weight transfer effect.

What are your thoughts on the new behavior of these mods? (or others?).
Are these physics changes requiring that the mods be altered in some way?

Cheers.

Yeah Guilherme, that was my impression too. Not sure if I liked it, but the behavior can be "adjusted" somewhat altering the setup. My main question is if these physics/tire behavior changes demand that the mods should be altered in some way to "correct" the feeling intended by the modders?

Game changer, not tried the new update but it sounds like conversions unless heavily reworked are not going to be up to it. I presume it's only going to get worse the more updates they release. Some of Patricks upcoming mods should be okay as Renato has redone the tyres. Like Dan say's nothing beats the Reiza content. I am in two minds to just delete all my modded car content and stick to the original stuff now. It's not like there is not enough.

Last edited:
i have no mods tracks or cars.. I have plenty to keep me occupied. Ive chucked the AI on 100% and want to master every track with every car. IMO reiza have made this game shine because they have mastered the handling across the cars, whats the point of spoiling that with mods. (no offense mod makers) but may as well just play rf1.. which is on steam.

IPJmSDf.jpg

I retract my previous statement your honor!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 88 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 62 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 126 13.7%