WRC9 1-2 second "double pause"?

Any idea on how to fix the 1-2 second pausing (happens in doubles) in the game? I think I finally fixed the FPS/physics issue but the pausing is driving me crazy. I am currently NOT using my G29 and using an Xbox controller.

Any idea on how to fix the 1-2 second pausing (happens in doubles) in the game? I think I finally fixed the FPS/physics issue but the pausing is driving me crazy. I am currently NOT using my G29 and using an Xbox controller.
Try the tips from Rozza38 it saved me:) :

I was having multiple 2 pauses in a rally. The first was probably half a second with the second one being shorter and came just a second or so after the first.
I tried tweaking loads of stuff but no effect. When I ran the game windowed with resource monitor on the hitches coincided with a spike in network activity.
What was doing it for me was my printer in sleep mode and some program called something like spooler.
I shutdown my printer and the hitches have gone.
I suggest running the game windowed with the resource manager (you can get to it from task manager) running and see what happens when your game hitches.
I assume as the game communicates to share data for ghost etc is when any spike in network activity might cause the hitches.
Sorry if this doesn't work for you.

I also suggest running the game with a FPS monitor at your normal settings so you can see your actual in game FPS.
I did this with my RTX3080 and 5420 x 1440 Ultrawide monitor and was very surprised at the large dips in FPS although it still looked smooth.
I spent the afternoon tweaking settings until I could maintain a solid 120 FPS under all conditions and was very surprised at how much I had to reduce the settings to achieve this.
Prior to this I used to have all graphic settings at max and thought it was running well with occasional stutter.
But now it's super smooth and I never ever get any slowdown, stutter or pauses , runs perfect.
I think I am slightly faster too as it's so smooth and responsive now.

Last edited:
Ok guys i finally found the problem!!

In fact, while trying to connect my xbox controller during a replay I noticed that I had exactly the same big freeze of 1 or 2 seconds and in WRC 8 same problem!

I remembered that dirt rally 2 had the same problem before an update from codemasters and that a developer on gift hub (Simon Owen) had created a fix by modifying a DLL (d8input.dll) and putting it in the game directory.

The bug of WRC game is that it disconnects / reconnects quickly randomly the usb port of the steering wheel or controller so these big freezes of 1 or 2 seconds.

ET VOILA I recovered this modified DLL and I put it in the directory of WRC9 ... there is no more big freezes :)... there remains a problem is that I lose the force feedback each time the game triggers this DLL...so I quickly press/depress the pause button and the forcefeedback returns.

I'm in contact with Simon Owen to see if he can modify this DLL but finally I have a solution to be able to play properly on this game.
Guys, THIS is the problem and the solution - its the same in WRC 9. Sadly, the d8input.dll mentioned in this thread a few posts later, is down. Currently searching the web...

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I will test it and I'm very courious if it still works in WRC 10. For me, this did the job in WRC 9 with a Fanatec Wheel.

*EDIT* Well, its definitly better!
Instead of 1-2 Seconds Lag and then warping in the next fences/rocks, you get now 2 little stutters ("the classical one", like your PC is to slow) and then your ffb is gone. But just go into pause > unpause and then ffb is back again. So, still not perfect, but WAAAY more playable!

Thank you again @Tiger_33 for the file! :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I will test it and I'm very courious if it still works in WRC 10. For me, this did the job in WRC 9 with a Fanatec Wheel.

*EDIT* Well, its definitly better!
Instead of 1-2 Seconds Lag and then warping in the next fences/rocks, you get now 2 little stutters ("the classical one", like your PC is to slow) and then your ffb is gone. But just go into pause > unpause and then ffb is back again. So, still not perfect, but WAAAY more playable!

Thank you again @Tiger_33 for the file! :)

When I use this file my T3oo wheel is no longer recognized by the game. I'm glad it works for you though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 379 39.6%