1.2.1.2 Patch (Steam)

I was also wondering if FFB had changed, but in my case it's probably just from having had no time for PC simming lately so probably my memory rather than reality. I need a lot more seat time to be sure.

My Steam client automatically updated Race07 and GTR Evo along with Race On, but when I started the game I had no STCC cars. So I exited, started STCC video config, got the update, then went back into Evo (I prefer the colour scheme) and STCC was back integrated again.

I'm getting just as great performance as before the patch (win7x64, Corei7, 8800GT). I did try the Charger Race car to check if that annoying flickering driver arms bug was indeed fixed (tested around Laguna) and discovered that the arms are actually flickering more now than before the patch, which was annoying.
On a positive note, the Ladas are no longer starting at the front of the WTCC2008 grid, which was annoying me previously :)

Question is who is to blame?
Should the manufacturers build their cards and develop drivers optimizing the thing for the games out there and future ones (there are many)
Or should the game dev build their games optimized for all available and future graphic cards (there are many)
That's the advantage of console over PC.
(period)

Hi J-F:

What I can tell you from the software development point of view and as former Software Quality Assurance Manager and current Software Project Manager, the responsible for launching a product to the market that should be compatible with diverse hardware is the developer not the hardware manufacturer. In fact the product developer should have a sufficient robust testing process and this process should catch all these types of bugs, specially if it's a product to be used world-wide by an immense type of hardware and their combination. Therefore testing compatibility within a wide range of CPU, motherboards, memory arrangements, graphic cards, operating systems, etc. and knowing that this compatibility can cause such blockers or major bugs to the end user (if would be the SQA Manager) this would be one of my top priorities. As you can see this is a huge task but it's worth the investment since the product core quality is compromised and could mean that users change product from such a bad experience.

I really love this game, and I'm an absolute fan of it, but from what I've seen in the past months and with the recently past patches, and in my humble opinion, I've seen that Simbin's development process lacks in some critical points.

Still is a great game and as every development process there's always chance from improvement.

Franz.

• Ariff Roose

My first try of the game after the update resulted in my car(E92) and the pace car model combined in the garage, causing the car to roll and bounce its way into the pitlane while is was checking the setup?!?!?! when I clicked race I was still combined with the pace car and still rolling and bouncing all over the place?!?!?!?!
I rebooted the game and joined the same server and I had a major system crash (hard drive light went out on pc). I rebooted the PC, all was ok, I started Race On and tried a practise session with same track (Brno) and car. I managed about 2 mins on track before another system crash, after the reboot my screen was corrupted and Vista would not boot (coincedence???). It is a Dell Pc

I had the same thing too! Mine's a dell vostro! running an ATI 3550 or something like that

Is it just me, or has the old 'custom skins not working in custom championships' bug been fixed?! Managed to create a custom championship, exited back to windows, restarted GTR Evo, and loaded my championship up without issue!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back