1.2.1.2 Patch (Steam)

Just did a practise session and noticed excacly the same things Dietmar.
Setup files screen is as fast as it should be(or as it was in the beginning) and i also noticed a change in FFB.
I thought it was just me or the steeringwheel had some issues but appertly not.

For me, if the FFB changed for real it would be a positive effect. What I read from you, you seem to have a negative effect.

I can also report in that going to Win7 X64 cured my Race series performance troubles as well,although it seems to like being set to "High Priority" in task manager,apart from that it runs nice with good gfx settings,and more importantly,its consistent at every track at all corners.

I can also report in that going to Win7 X64 cured my Race series performance troubles as well,although it seems to like being set to \\"High Priority\\" in task manager....

You can do that in your plr file without having to alt-tab out of the game every time to go to the task manager.

Open your plr file and look for "high process priority = 0" and change to "high process priority = 1".

It will give you the same result :)

I also have a GTX260 but i've never had any stuttering in race on. Mybe try the drivers on the cd that came with the card, they are most probably older drivers but they might be optimized better for your card. Also defagment the cache files in the game might help aswell.

I had the same. Looks like XP can't handle the power demand of current games, and XP cannot handle the power of graphics cards and dual-core cpu's correctly.
Never had a single problem with any game on XP.....

Similar story to Eric.

I tried every conceiveable tip, advice, you name it when I had my chronic freezing problems.
The only way I solved it was to replace my NV9800GT card. Instant success.

Strange how things work - my 9800GT has had minimal problems.

The high priority tip is a life saver! Ever since my laptop broke in October, I've been able to play Race07 as the replacement PC my parents got me couldn't handle it without lag. It now works fine :D

The handbrake now works on the muscle cars! :ooh:

I just had soooo much fun power sliding and drifting around Brands Indy :veryhappy:

Sorry to go off topic but I am curious if during races do most guys use the handbrake feature at all for touring cars? I use Honda Accord and have never tried using the hand brake feature and I am trying to improve my timings on most tracks but I am usually 6-7 seconds apart from 1st place and for the life of me cannot get better results or close to their timings. Have been practicing a lot but I only play maybe 3-4 hours a week but I watch lot of replays trying to match the fastest driver and their braking points so wondering if some of you use handbrakes at all?

Thank you.

Well, it's not nesseceraly a negative effect,It's just something i noticed and i'll get used to it in time but the first feel was:...hè?What is "wrong"with my steeringwheel?
Only because i was used to a certain "feel" for so long it felt a bit strange,i'm not saying it's worse or it's more reallistic(never driven those cars in real life) ,but for me it was a small but notiseble effect.

For me, if the FFB changed for real it would be a positive effect. What I read from you, you seem to have a negative effect.

Anyone having any sound issues since the patch? I thought it may be my system but none of my other gmotor games (rfactor, gtl, gtr2) have any problems. Its cracking/popping occasionally and sometimes it will run the shift sounds when i'm not shifting etc. Weird.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 280 13.5%