1.2.0.8 Patch (Steam)

Steam just updated the Race series to 1.2.0.8! :)

August 7, 2009 - RACE 07 Update Released

Updates to RACE 07 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Fixes

• Fixed stability issues in the rendering pipeline
  • Fixed session timer in HUD and Garage menu
  • Improved AI clutch control on launch
  • Various triple head fixes
  • Fixed saving of total stats
  • Fixed selection of track cameras when switching viewed vehicle
  • Fixed bad draw distance in free flight camera mode
  • Improved behaviour of blown tyres
  • Fixed blue flags raised even though they were disabled
  • Fixed bad behaviour of AI cars after race finish
  • Fixed bug with ghost cars generating drafting

Features

• Enabled all STCC and GTR Evolution exclusive features in RACE 07

• Stefan Gunnersen

Don't know if any one has noticed yet, but GTR XD 2.0 and 2.01 (I guess) do not work with the new patch! Darn it!

• Stefan Gunnersen

Sure - if I see it first - I probably don't, but I will not delete the notification email from this thread in my inbox so I will remember to check if it is posted anyway.

Lol, i never use XD, motec or other extra add-on stuff and it drives okay. What can possibly go wrong with data that you actually don't really need to race anyway?

we run long races with ballast loads so i need to always know how much tires i have left. it plays a lot into my pit strategy

if you haven't race with it then you really can't make an informed decision on whether it would help you, right?

we run long races with ballast loads so i need to always know how much tires i have left. it plays a lot into my pit strategy

if you haven't race with it then you really can't make an informed decision on whether it would help you, right?

I have run many long races, both endurance and touringcars+ballast, but I never really felt I needed more info than the sim gives by default. Tyre/engine temps are shown in the cockpit on your led's, and tyre wear/fuel left is shown in the pitmenu which can be called manually at any time.

Maybe I should dig into the different tools available to see what else it's doing :)

• ronake

You can see how much the get Tyres worn via the pit menu board aswell.
Dont know which button it is default to see it during race, as I have reconfiguered it on my G25.

In real racing you don't get told how worn your tyres are surely? I don't get why it's important to know anyway, if they're going off, I'm pretty sure most drivers will notice by the fact they can't get the car to do what they need it to - which is the point in which you know they need changing. Or just use your laptimes to judge.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 158 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 119 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.2%