1.2.0.1 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.2.0.1 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Changelog for 1.2.0.1

Features:
• Added possibility to run several championships at the same time
• Moved user data folder to My Documents for Vista and non administrator support
• Updated mounting of expansion packs. Now one or more expansions can be uninstalled independently of each other.
• New track category and model select button layout
• New scroll boxes for car setup filters
• New layout of credits page
• Maximum FOV is now 150 instead of 120
• Changed upper limit of opponent skill to 110%
• New infoscreen in main menu
• Mouse over server information in lobby
• AI uses headlights in rainy weather
• Updated draw distance for most tracks

Bugfixes
• Fixed "weird force feedback feeling"-bug, happened after have had a digital control assigned to steering ( button or keyboard )
• Fixed propagation of pit menu presets from old plrfile folder to doc & settings folder
• Fixed heavy CPU usage in offline mode (reported for Windows XP x64 computers)
• Fixed "black texture bug", seen on track reloads
• Various championship fixes
• Various spectator mode fixes
• Multiplayer stability fixes
• Fixed bug with locking force feedback when exiting to garage
• Fixed spectator shown up as server in chat
• Fixed rain effects in 100% rain (multiplayer)
• Fixed opponent generator to not select duplicate cars
• Fixed non restarting SEAT Toledo engine
• Fixed vertical seat postion not being saved correctly
• Fixed fuel tank capacity for STCC Alfa Romeo 156 and BMW320si 6 speed sequential

Anyone else notice a slight performance drop, i seem to have slight stutter.

Yes, the 1st time I run the game after the update... must be because of the draw distance update (see 1st post).

On the 2nd time (after computer restart) had no stutter, but that might have to do with my auto video performance check (25 to 30 fps) to have updated for the new situation.

I don’t notice any improvement or downgrade in my image quality, but maybe for people with more powerful GFX cards (mine is a HD4870) there is an improvement of image quality (draw distance).

• Brad Johnson

A shame they didn't fix the Alt Tab problem:(

Run the game in Windowed Mode, the game will start up in a window similar to your web browser with the minimize maximise and exit key. (maximise it should already be on maximise to begin with, and the exit "X" dose not do anything anyways) I find that my GTR2 (38GB) runs a hell of alot more stabler since i did that, also the same with my Race07/GTR Evo never had any issues, and you can just click minimize instead of alt tab'in and risking a CTD.

Petra you need to run gtr evo/stcc both to update them! I noticed that STCC content was only avaiable after doing that! But now every content avaiable no matter what you start!

The menu is much much better looking, especially the car models on the selector screen look way better than before! I also saw a little improvement in graphics in-game, and also it's running much smoother for me! Maybe that's why I also felt the cars easier to control...

However I had one major lag on a public server, but it was a bit strange, as I didn't move, maybe the server had some problem... I really don't know much about these things:)

The new file-management system is great for setups, especially if you develop your setup from track to track:) What's not that good that you can't select "all tracks", and when I tried to V8 Supercars mod the default setups showed only when I moved to that category. Oh, and the V8 Supercars icon doesn't show up it the menu of Race07, but that's not really a big problem as both in Evo or STCC it's fine:)

Really what impressed me was the performance change, I only tested it on a relatively "empty" public server though... But really I feel it's much better.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 95 13.8%