1.17 updates amazing

So at first i was not that impressed with this update, mainly due to some FPS issues i was having. But after setting up the multi-monitor settings for option 3, which gives an amazing FOV that feels like an "out the windows" view with triple monitors (and extra for dash). I just took a load to Salzburg, and the views are just amazing. This new multi monitor view makes everything so immersive, as if you are looking out the cab's windows. Even a routine quarry visit kinda blew me away. Between the FFB, amazing views, sound, new lighting, etc, SCS has really hit it out of the park. I'm excited about this sim all over again, and the DLC is not even out yet.

For anyone with triple monitors, I highly recommend checking out the multimom settings in your config.cfg file (uset r_multimon_mode "3") and hooking a 4th monitor for the dash (i stole an older 1600x900 one from an older PC). It looks great, really made me slow down and enjoy the game more.

It should be noted after i posted this, my CPU started dying lol. I think my processor may be overheating. Tried just about everything else including removing/swapping GPU and ram and PSU. Dammit. That's OK though, I have some ideas and will get it fixed, gonna reseat CPU tonight

Ok after first being caught out by this update being a public beta version so had to download that first !

I then got stuck into editing the config file and selected option 2 and started sim.

What a difference this small change has made with the cab view so much more realistic now. I will now start playing with the other options to see how much better i can get it.

Only trouble now is that seeing the difference even basic multi monitor can make i really wish Sector3 sort this out for R3E !

Jason.

Only trouble now is that seeing the difference even basic multi monitor can make i really wish Sector3 sort this out for R3E !
Jason.

Heck yes I totally agree. I used a separate app for the 4th monitor "dash" in R3E but that doesn't improve the view like this does or really work that well. This multi monitor view just makes viewing the scenery so much better and the feeling of movement feels more accurate. It's so much easier to drive the truck at the speed limits and have it feel right. I think it partly works so well for ETS2 since it's a truck and you are looking down a bit.

My PC issue was a faulty ram stick. Asking it to help run 4 monitors set it off into a tantrum apparently. After tons of troubleshooting I found the faulty stick and removed it, PC is better than it has ever been - no restarts or problems at all. By the way the ram brand is PNY.

20150418_150855_zpstxxsphdb.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 170 7.9%
  • < 5 years