1.1 beta1

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.1 beta1
- Fixed tyre fake shadows in slowmo replay
- Improved AI
- Added custom head movements per car (driver3d.ini)
- Driver helmet/head now cast shadows in onboard camera
- Added custom weather selection
- Improved Pedals App
- Rendering performance optimizations
- Particle rendering optimiziations
- Render Stats form now features units
- Added "final" damage for high speed impacts
- Added quality settings to replay that allow up to 4x longer replays
- Fixed driver shift preload animation at race start
- Fixed camera car not using FOV value
- Fixed AI choosing wrong (slow) tyres
- Updated FMod to 1.05.12
- Tweaked exterior reverb parameters
- Tweaked envelopment values for some sound events
- Improved positional surface sounds
- Fixed wind and tyre rolling noise
- Fixed doppler effect for rev limiter and horn
- Fixed FOV in mirrors, now editable in system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini
- AI race starts greatly improved
- Fixed wrong shadow resolution when moving through F6 camera car cameras
- Fixed graphics not following dynamic track grip levels in Multiplayer
- Fixed "fast" height evaluation for validating setup ignoring tyre pressure
- FPS caps is now compatible with the new 1ms resolution timer
- Suicidal server admins are now a protected species and not allowed to kick themselves anymore
- Adjusted fuel consumption for most of the cars
- UI now understand fuel range relative to car and track and adjust maximum race lap count automatically for quick races and race weekends against the AI
- Added 4WD simulation in drivetrain.ini
- Added live axle suspension geometry
- [DATA] section in aero.ini is now obsolete and must be eliminated. HEADER=2 is mandatory if damage is used.
- AC now support multiple configurations on circuits
- A to B gameplay options for hillclimb tracks and specific circuits that support.
- Tyre pressures can now be shown in digital_instruments.ini
- Limited static weather situations can now be selected from the UI. Weather is also moddable.
- Time Attack now has a global multiplier that controls the amount of time available for the first checkpoint.
- Customizable TrackIR rotation range.
- Chat window now supports full Unicode charset

I am 99% sure that this was not meant to be released to everyone, today.

This morning they released 1.0.5 to fix a minor issue in the UI. That then introduced a new bug (pressing any key on the keyboard in the launcher caused a launcher crash.) Two or three hours after we reported that issue, they then pushed 1.1 beta1.

I think that someone at Kunos hit the wrong button and meant to either re-release 1.0.4 or release a new bugfix 1.0.6, and instead pushed out the beta of 1.1.

There's no way they should be releasing a beta of a patch to 100% of customers - and yes it is breaking quite a few things.

First, the good news - the new penalty system is much better. Now when you go off the track in a hotlap, you don't get a 5 second penalty every time, instead you get this:

Zy7s2Jn.png

This is soooo much better! Basically, one cut = lap invalid. No stupid 5 second penalties. If you cut again, then it doesn't even alert you that you cut - it doesn't matter because the lap is already invalid.

I haven't tried a race yet but hopefully this means proper flags for races, e.g. pit penalty.

The bad news - mod sounds are broken, mod cars are broken (because of sounds), and some circuits are broken. E.g. Vallelunga Club. It seems that they have changed the file structure for circuits - before you had two folders, Vallelunga and Vallelunga-Club. Now there is just one folder, Vallelunga, that has both layouts. That makes more sense. But for now it's breaking stuff - e.g. mods like RSR Live Timing think you're driving Vallelunga when you're actually on Vallelunga Club. And you can't have a Club setup, you can only have a setup for the main circuit (in the Setup I/O page, there's no longer a Vallelunga-Club entry.)

it's not just mods - even the game doesn't yet understand that there are two circuits. I just drove Vallelunga Club in a Ferrari 458 GT2, a combo I have done hundreds of times before, and as soon as I set a lap it said it was my PB. It seems it has lost/deleted/hidden all my PBs for the Club circuit :(

This issue might be for Vallelunga Club alone, as e.g. Silverstone still has separated "Silverstone", "Silverstone-national" and "Silverstone-international" folders.

Anyway, my short conclusion: I believe this patch was not meant to be released yet! It is not complete. Use at your own risk! If Steam says "Update Queued" you might want to take a full backup of your current AC folder first, so that you can continue to play 1.0.4 or 1.0.5. Otherwise, you might find you can't enjoy cars/tracks/situations that you are used to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%