1.1.4 Assetto Corsa Can't Change Settings

Has anyone else noticed settings in notepad have no effect? I have tried big changes and nothing since 1.1 update. Is there a 'OK' button somewhere to make changes? 1. I am having a hard time catching slides. Got my computer running better which helped a lot. F40 and Ruf where undrivable before but still having a hard time steering into skid fast enough. 2. Overexposure is driving me nuts. Turn down the sky and you can't see the interior. I am running an i7 4790 4 gig, solid state hard drive, 32 gigs ram, two 980's 8 gigs of video cards, Fanatic clubsport wheel and Oculus Rift.

Sorry, can you clarify further, I still don't know what you mean by Notepad is "common/assettocorsa/system/cfg". system/cfg is a folder, not a file, so can't be edited. Or are you saying you edited a file in system/cfg using Notepad? If so, which file? Might be good to try Notepad++. Which file, and to what objective?

Sorry, can you clarify further, I still don't know what you mean by Notepad is "common/assettocorsa/system/cfg". system/cfg is a folder, not a file, so can't be edited. Or are you saying you edited a file in system/cfg using Notepad? If so, which file? Might be good to try Notepad++. Which file, and to what objective?
I'm getting lost. "Notepad" is at the top of the open window along with something like lighting ini.

I am in program files (x86) /steam /steamapps /common /assettocorsa / system / cfg /graphics.ini. I want to change MAXIMUM _FRAME _LATENCY = 0 to 1. It is supposed to help you catch a late/fake slide so you can steer into a skid.

Ok, try another file from the same folder. In assetto_corsa.ini put 0 to enable_dev_apps (in case was 1). Then some game apps will disappear from the list, and you only get the essential ones.

About max frame latency 1, if you have nvidia card, then you should try different settings for pre-rendered frames, which is the same thing as max frames latency in AC. Also, maybe with vsync on doesn't help.

Settings in notepad?

Regarding overexposure, there are a few threads in the AC forum discussing and suggesting how to improve/address this.
I'm not sure exactly what I did but it is much better. Before I forget thank you all very much. You guys were a big help. I have only just started this hobby on pc this year and am very impressed with all the support.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 115 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 157 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 300 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 428 39.6%