1.1.1.20 Patch (Steam)

Patch 1.1.1.20 is about to hit Steam anytime now.

Here is the changelist since 1.1.1.14
  • New dedicated server weight penalty functionality
  • New message board in main menu
  • Updated pit menu functionality
  • Updated tire wear display in pit menu
  • Fixed Super pole settings on LAN host
  • Various localisation issues fixed
  • Fixed missing loading animation
  • Fixed flag info in hud rendered wrongly
  • Fixed rendering issues when ghost car(s) on track
  • Fixed engine not repaired message in result screen between race 1 and 2
  • Updated track length display in track browser, it now reflects metric / imperial system
  • Touring car performance tweaks, slightly stronger FWD cars overall and all touring cars are close to each other performance wise
  • Engine fire locations fixes in Extreme cars and various GT cars
  • Rear wing aero tweaks for GT cars. Rear wing more effective now and old low rear wing setups might be useless
  • Extreme cars fuel estimate fix. Helps AI also with their fuel strategy
  • Improved aero for DBR9, about equally fast to C6R now in straights
  • Aero tweak for Viper GTSR, less understeery now
  • Fixed STCC 6 speed BMW tire heating bug
  • 140kg weight reduction to WTCC Extreme cars
Offline version patch will follow eventually, no date set for it at this point though.

Seems you forgot to copy paste this line....

The only update i do not like.
In a mixed field the WTCC Extreme & GT, the Extreme cars were allready a lot faster.
Now the GT cars are completely no match for those arcade cars.
As they accelerate even faster and their tires and fuel consumption will stay much better.

• Mikkow

The STCC BMW E90 transmissions & Info seems to have been really fixed.
Checked in game, and it appears that all the STCC E90 BMWs have 5 speed manuals, both in info and car setup.

In the real 2008 season, all but Richard Göransson of Flash Engineering had 6 speed sequentials, but later in the season they all switched (to take advantage of lighter car due to conventional transmission rule). I'm guessing SimBin decided to go with the end season settings for all the cars, which is fine, and better compatibility for the 2009 season.

And guys, all the update history regarding GTR evo is under Race 07. Check the update history for Race 07 in steam and you'll see this update.

To install the update, just connect to steam and attempt to launch GTR Evolution. It'll popup a thing saying it's downloading an update before you can play etc.

• Mikkow

Seems you forgot to copy paste this line....

The only update i do not like.
In a mixed field the WTCC Extreme & GT, the Extreme cars were allready a lot faster.
Now the GT cars are completely no match for those arcade cars.
As they accelerate even faster and their tires and fuel consumption will stay much better.

I didn't see it in any official update text, and in the game the cars are stated to weigh 1000kg (ALL of them).

Seems like a good idea to move the WTCC Extreme cars away from the GT's if its true that the weight has been reduced. They aren't real, and are designed for fun and im sure if the tyres and fuel last longer and they are faster they will be even more fun than they were before.

• Mikkow

Are you sure? They've fixed a rear tyre heat bug in the 6 speed BMW, I doubt they would fix it then remove them..
I'm fairly sure about what I saw with the BMWs :)

And removing a tyre heating bug does not mean it's related in any way to the transmission. It just stated what problem was found before with what cars, and that they fixed it.
:bananamario:

The STCC BMW E90 transmissions & Info seems to have been really fixed.
Checked in game, and it appears that all the STCC E90 BMWs have 5 speed manuals, both in info and car setup.

In the real 2008 season, all but Richard Göransson of Flash Engineering had 6 speed sequentials, but later in the season they all switched (to take advantage of lighter car due to conventional transmission rule). I'm guessing SimBin decided to go with the end season settings for all the cars, which is fine, and better compatibility for the 2009 season.

And guys, all the update history regarding GTR evo is under Race 07. Check the update history for Race 07 in steam and you'll see this update.

To install the update, just connect to steam and attempt to launch GTR Evolution. It'll popup a thing saying it's downloading an update before you can play etc.

Only Flash and Rosenblad had sequentials.

• Mikkow

Only Flash and Rosenblad had sequentials.
Ah, thanks for the correction. No matter, it's all like it is at end season now. :)

EDIT: I found on the offical SimBin forum (racesimcentral), posted by simbin themselves in their update announcement: "140kg weight reduction to WTCC Extreme cars". That's an official source. It's not mentioned on steam though.

So then either they are planning to do it but it was left out, or the car infos are not yet update but the cars really are lighter. Someone take one out for a spin to compare laptimes!

• Mikkow

Alright guys, I got clarification from SimBin regarding the WTCC Extreme cars weight. Before, they mistakenly weighed 1140kg, 140kg overweight (thus the car info before did not display their true weight). Now they just axed those 140kg to bring them down to the intended 1000kg.

Quote from their official forum: "These cars now weight 1000kg, previously car info was right just the actual weight of the cars was not."

omg.. really.. people at steam have to learn a lot. I'm still waiting for the STCC addon and making an 'quick purchase' blabla at the first screen in GTR Evo without being able to buy it doesn't make things better. Working at an ad company I wonder why it's so difficult to understand the consumer. It ain't, just common sense. On the other hand.. if they advertise for it now in GTR Evo it can't be long before you can FINALLY but STCC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back