F1 2011 0% Tyres!!

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Is anyone else finding the following glitch rediculously annoying??

The 0% tyre's that some people get given when starting a race online (could also be career)? Is codemasters on to this?

I wouldnt normally complain as i think the game is ace but this is really getting in the way.

Have had 2 events within the last week, 1 a championship event and another a test event and both times one of the guys that i race with have the 0% tyre glitch before entering the race. This means we can't start the GP on the grid but have to faff about doing a lap then wait for the guy to stick on new rubber and then reinact a safety car restart just to get the race going. This is all going on while we are trying not to pick up penalties from driving slowly and getting in the way of each other.

Proper bad glitch this one that really effects online racing!!

The whole quali/race start thing is a bit of a mess really. If it isnt the tyre glitch its the random grid order glitch after you have gone to the trouble of qualifying!!
Yup. There's also the rather odd trick people use of wrecking their cars on their inlap to either puncture their tyres (I think they get new ones) or save a lap of wear on them...

There is a thread devoted to this bug over at Codemasters (marked as a 360 thread), but I reported my PC occurrences in that thread. They want to know the circumstances of where it happened and what settings were used.

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...3/474985-tyres-suddenly-dead-after-quali.html

Another one which I haven't had is the wrong tyres fitted at the pitstop, even if you manually call them up, the worse case being Inters in a completely dry race.

I hate moaning about this game as in general this game is superb, just let down by so many glitches.

Last night done 3 races.

Race 1 Spa - Won
Race 2 Catalunya - Won by a cars length but was awarded 2nd as the timing was out at the chequered flag. This was also after receiveing a 10 second penalty for using my initiative and using runoff area to avoid an accident.
Race 3 Interlagos - Dissqualified due to lag problems in the room. (probably not a CM issue but still annoying)

What concerns me is how Codemasters are handling this issue.

Yes they have the thread I linked to above, and in that thread they are now asking for additional details of the situation where this bug occurs. It is good that they are asking, so are aware of the bug, but asking for additional details tends to make me think that they haven't found the cause yet, and that is worrying. It's ruining many online races, taking the fun out of the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back