0.93 and 0.935: wheel range

Soince the updates, the wheel does not turn the car as it did before. I cannot get around corners anymore. Fanatec csw2, works fine and without canges in iracing and rf2, so it should be AMS. Is there anything one must change after the update?

Check 3 things:
- auto degree of rotation in options
- steering lock (some defaul values are pretty low)
- check if you accidentally didn't turn on steering assist (that happens to me)

Your wheel does turn in the range of should? Like you can physically rotate wheel 900 degrees in opalas for example..

thx for quick reply. no, there were no changes. F3 as reference because I raced that one most hast and had 360 and 18, no steering help. But i don´t get round any corners anymore. And steering wheel does what it should, it can be turned 180 degrees to the left and 180 degrees to the right in the controls option, then one side slider is full red.

Right click on the AMS.exe file, Compatibilty Tab, "Run this program as an administrator".

images

There's a similar problem that you're describing that happens with Logitech Wheels when you're running the game with this option marked.

Thank you for the help. Nope that option was and is not marked. And I started ams.exe as admin manually, was asked to enter a name, so I guess I did not run ams as admin before.

Can confirm I have the same issue with my V2, we ran boxer cup last night for 3 hours felt great, today I am lucky to get around a corner with it, same settings, rotation has completely changed and cant feel any steering lock either, but for me it only seems to be the boxer

I also now think the it's the boxer. I had raised the lock for all cars and everything was reset with the update. I set the boxer steering lock to 28 first, and there was now way, barely got out of the pits without hitting the cone at VIR. With 33 one gets it round, but has to down incrdedibly. And the rotatation seems to be fixed at 540. So, let's hope for a bug fix soon.

Same here, got my T500 rotation at 1080, in game set it manually to 520. In the boxers car setup i see a rotation of 520 with a 14 lock. But still i have the feeling im racing with a much larger rotation range or lock

If you are losing auto steering ratio adjustment it´s nothing to do with the physics changes and its unlikely to be car-specific either.. Make sure you have Custom Steer Range set to NO in the Controller menu as you should to have the game auto adjust, and also have your V2 rotations settings set to AUTO.

If you do have the settings correct and still find issues, it would be very helpful if you can precise in what circunstances it happened (since it doesn´t sound like you get it every time)?

I've noticed that the 'reported' steering wheel range on my game sometimes changes, seemingly randomly. I don't ever change my steering range in the control panel or the wheel onboard settings, but the steering range has been reported as 280, 360, 450 at various times.

But it doesn't seem to affect the in game driving steering range which always behaves 1:1 and seems to be what I have set with the wheel itself. So I haven't really worried about it.

This was using the Fanatec V1.

If you are losing auto steering ratio adjustment it´s nothing to do with the physics changes and its unlikely to be car-specific either.. Make sure you have Custom Steer Range set to NO in the Controller menu as you should to have the game auto adjust, and also have your V2 rotations settings set to AUTO.

If you do have the settings correct and still find issues, it would be very helpful if you can precise in what circumstances it happened (since it doesn´t sound like you get it every time)?
We had a race last night and quite a few noticed the issue with the boxers wheel rotation, mostly fanatec owners, I had to manually set my wheel rotation to 500 on my fanatec wheel. if I set it to auto I could forget about turning the car at turn one at Virginia, we practiced for 3 hours the night before patch on same combo and had no such issues, all settings identical.

On another not I hope you look carefully at the last patch as we had 6 guys just crash at different times during last nights race.boxer at Virginia, one guy just froze in the pits and others game just crashed while driving.It did not happen for me so I cant upload any logs but the game is way more unstable than before. a tonne of bugs with DynHUD, freezing in DynHUD. These bugs last night really ruined what could have been an awesome race. I wish I could roll back the patch:(

I've noticed that the 'reported' steering wheel range on my game sometimes changes, seemingly randomly. I don't ever change my steering range in the control panel or the wheel onboard settings, but the steering range has been reported as 280, 360, 450 at various times.

But it doesn't seem to affect the in game driving steering range which always behaves 1:1 and seems to be what I have set with the wheel itself. So I haven't really worried about it.

This was using the Fanatec V1.

I´d assume that´s because the rotation range varies from car to car as such too.

We had a race last night and quite a few noticed the issue with the boxers wheel rotation, mostly fanatec owners, I had to manually set my wheel rotation to 500 on my fanatec wheel. if I set it to auto I could forget about turning the car at turn one at Virginia, we practiced for 3 hours the night before patch on same combo and had no such issues, all settings identical.

On another not I hope you look carefully at the last patch as we had 6 guys just crash at different times during last nights race.boxer at Virginia, one guy just froze in the pits and others game just crashed while driving.It did not happen for me so I cant upload any logs but the game is way more unstable than before. a tonne of bugs with DynHUD, freezing in DynHUD. These bugs last night really ruined what could have been an awesome race. I wish I could roll back the patch:(

Previous versions are actually available as branches from the Betas tab, it can be useful going back to try isolate specific issues (if they are indeed related to new builds).

The odd thing is that there has been no change to controller code at all since v0.9.0. Controller functionality naturally will depend on other factors, if there were drivers updates, if there are other related software running in the background, what is the controller plugged into and with what else so and so forth, these details are important to try reproduce the issue. I test with a V2 myself.

DynHUD can always be switched off for the native HUD while work is still in progress. The game itself is still in development, I understand it´s a bit of a pain when someone runs into an issue but these things are bound to happen on occasion.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Renato Simioni, post: 2250019, member: 9924"

Previous versions are actually available as branches from the Betas tab, it can be useful going back to try isolate specific issues (if they are indeed related to new builds).

The odd thing is that there has been no change to controller code at all since v0.9.0. Controller functionality naturally will depend on other factors, if there were drivers updates, if there are other related software running in the background, what is the controller plugged into and with what else so and so forth, these details are important to try reproduce the issue. I test with a V2 myself.

DynHUD can always be switched off for the native HUD while work is still in progress. The game itself is still in development, I understand it´s a bit of a pain when someone runs into an issue but these things are bound to happen on occasion.[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the reply Renato and BTW love AMS to bits.
The boxer is the only car i had the issue with of rotation and only directly after the last update.
yes DynHUD can be switched off but boy that would suck:)
The main problem for so many guys last night was ams just crashing back to desktop or freezing up in garage. I have faith you will iron out the issues before release. I am getting some guys to test with a log switch so we can get some logs

Could test car with the latest update only today. Now everything is fine with the boxer steering for me (540/28, whereas before even 33 did not work). No changes or updates wheel-wise. Strange. Now others have the problem since the the new update? Strange. But the Boxer is just great.
Thanks for all the help. Unfortunately reading Renato's statement that there were neither changes before the addition of the Boxer nor in the succeeding updates, I don't have any clues about the cause of the probs, just hope it keeps on my side, and all others get rid of the issue.

If you do have the settings correct and still find issues, it would be very helpful if you can precise in what circunstances it happened (since it doesn´t sound like you get it every time)?
Seems like it's related to windows UAC: in my case it's like the logitech profiler is unable to detect AMS.exe when it's not executed as administrator or ,in other words, when using the AMS folder from Documents.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 230 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 223 14.3%