0.8.5 Update

• Deleted member 151827

Did the Mclaren gt3 get slowed down since 0.8.7? I was just trying the gt3 car out at Silverstone international with default setup which i set a time in last week of 1.04.250. I was just in there and when i come by the start\finish line my ghost is car lengths ahead by the time i reach the first turn! No catching my ghost. Car even feels down on power! Can someone do me a favor? If you have ran the Mclaren gt3 with default setup and set a decent time, can you go run your ghost now to see if it's much slower now? Thanks

Did the Mclaren gt3 get slowed down since 0.8.7? I was just trying the gt3 car out at Silverstone international with default setup which i set a time in last week of 1.04.250. I was just in there and when i come by the start\finish line my ghost is car lengths ahead by the time i reach the first turn! No catching my ghost. Car even feels down on power! Can someone do me a favor? If you have ran the Mclaren gt3 with default setup and set a decent time, can you go run your ghost now to see if it's much slower now? Thanks
I was doing that just today, actually. Running 1:49's at Monza on a slightly changed stock setup. I'll try it with the bare-bones base setup tomorrow, but I've actually been running my best times yet. Albeit with my own setups, but the car feels the same to me.

• Deleted member 151827

I was doing that just today, actually. Running 1:49's at Monza on a slightly changed stock setup. I'll try it with the bare-bones base setup tomorrow, but I've actually been running my best times yet. Albeit with my own setups, but the car feels the same to me.
Thanks. It's very weird! I just tried another car and am seeing the same thing. I shut AC down and started it back up and the same thing. I know it's not me because i am losing time in a straight. Something is very strange!

Thanks. It's very weird! I just tried another car and am seeing the same thing. I shut AC down and started it back up and the same thing. I know it's not me because i am losing time in a straight. Something is very strange!
I can really only think of one thing... Are you getting full pedal travel?

Edit- Digitally that is. As in AC actually registering the full range of motion.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 151827

I can really only think of one thing... Are you getting full pedal travel?
I'll check the Fanatec app right now.

This is weird! You are correct. I have a program called DIview. I was missing 6.00% of gas pedal limit at top. I was able to check raw data and it followed the input to the pc. I was able to calibrate pc input to raw data to make pc see full pedal. Does this matter? I went in after i calibrated it and it's ok. Should i contact Fanatec or just leave it? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

This is weird! You are correct. I have a program called DIview. I was missing 6.00% of gas pedal limit at top. I was able to check raw data and it followed the input to the pc. I was able to calibrate pc input to raw data to make pc see full pedal. Does this matter? I went in after i calibrated it and it's ok. Should i contact Fanatec or just leave it? Thanks
Well... You got me there... Saying that you may not have full pedal travel was a crap-shoot that I got right :O_o: Sorry. I guess now we wait for someone that knows what they're talking about to chime in.

When I was reading your post about being slower on the straights I immediately thought oh maybe he is using clubsport pedals :D:D:D I got CSP V1 and know this problem...

What you should do, check if the shaft where the magnet is located is loose. There is a stud screw in the shaft (turn pedals upside down to see it). Try cleaning the sensor on the pedal (on the V1 the sensors are exposed in later version they have a cover and this shouldn't be a problem). And the third thing just disconnect and reconnect the pedals, usually they recalibrate themselves, as in you should press the pedal all the way first time. You can easily see if they have the full travel in the Fanatec properties.

There is sadly nothing Fanatec will/can do about it, although they might send you a new sensor pcb which after some time shows the same "problem" (at least from my CSP v1 experience not sure how it is for the v2). But as long as the sensor is not spiking (fixed pedal position gives random readings) the sensor should be ok.

Not sure how Fanatec does this but those hall sensors should be pretty solid :D

PS.: knock on wood I haven't had this on my pedals for quite some time now :thumbsup:

Its actually a pay wall and you can't go past it until you pay for the rest of the track. Kunos is testing the new feature to see how we react to it.
In next weeks update AC will be renamed Ryanair Racing. €1 per upshift. FFS don't touch the handbrake, you don't have that kind of cash

Attachments

• ryanair_gad1-[gadling-bumper].png
    ryanair_gad1-[gadling-bumper].png
    237 KB · Views: 273
Does anyone feel that the Pagani Huayra acclerates better since the .8.5 or .8.7 update? I haven't driven it much since the patch that introduced it because it felt like the gearing was too tall and it was too slow to acclerate in each gear. I tried it again two nights ago and it feels much better now to me. I noticed I was bouncing off the rev limiter much more frequently where as before it felt like I had a good 2-3 second between gear changes.

is it just me?

• Deleted member 151827

When I was reading your post about being slower on the straights I immediately thought oh maybe he is using clubsport pedals :D:D:D I got CSP V1 and know this problem...

What you should do, check if the shaft where the magnet is located is loose. There is a stud screw in the shaft (turn pedals upside down to see it). Try cleaning the sensor on the pedal (on the V1 the sensors are exposed in later version they have a cover and this shouldn't be a problem). And the third thing just disconnect and reconnect the pedals, usually they recalibrate themselves, as in you should press the pedal all the way first time. You can easily see if they have the full travel in the Fanatec properties.

There is sadly nothing Fanatec will/can do about it, although they might send you a new sensor pcb which after some time shows the same "problem" (at least from my CSP v1 experience not sure how it is for the v2). But as long as the sensor is not spiking (fixed pedal position gives random readings) the sensor should be ok.

PS.: knock on wood I haven't had this on my pedals for quite some time now :thumbsup:
Thanks Dennis. I'll check in a bit. Yep they are v2's.

I thought the same thing. I had the same problem and found that the pin with the magnate wasn't set correctly and kept moving.

Does anyone feel that the Pagani Huayra acclerates better since the .8.5 or .8.7 update? I haven't driven it much since the patch that introduced it because it felt like the gearing was too tall and it was too slow to acclerate in each gear. I tried it again two nights ago and it feels much better now to me. I noticed I was bouncing off the rev limiter much more frequently where as before it felt like I had a good 2-3 second between gear changes.

is it just me?
Not sure just did some laps with it and it felt a little different but not by much. Such a monster of a car. Has anyone had different performance depending on what cars they have in a race? For instance I can now rub full grids with slower cars but the higher performance cars introduce stuttering.

Not sure just did some laps with it and it felt a little different but not by much. Such a monster of a car. Has anyone had different performance depending on what cars they have in a race? For instance I can now rub full grids with slower cars but the higher performance cars introduce stuttering.

I've noticed that when I mix any more than 2 models of car, I get stuttering. So if I try and get the Z4 gt3, 12C GT3, M3 GT2 and the P4/5, I get a lot. Where as if I run just two, it won't stutter quite as much.

is it just me?
Tires, blame the tires

is it just me?

Same for the lotus exos s1,no idea what is it ! i reached 296 km/h on imola with the smae setup against 291 km/h before !

Unless you guys want some codemasters-scripted AI-like,you should tolerate the fps drop with 24 AI,it's not only a question of graphics ,it's also the "pathfinding" + physics calculations for 23 other cars ! it's very hard to optimize unless they're ready to sacrify realism !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 389 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 262 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 252 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 184 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 310 13.0%