0.6 WILD speculation

I really dont get what everyones fascination is with that track?! It doesnt go anywhere lol.
I like driving roads with road cars. Road racing is popular in Ireland because we don't have many tracks in the country and a lot of Irish roads are tight, twisty and extremely dangerous thanks to the ditches that run along side, road racing is far more exciting, probably because it's so dangerous, one slip and it's race over.

I like driving roads with road cars. Road racing is popular in Ireland because we don't have many tracks in the country and a lot of Irish roads are tight, twisty and extremely dangerous thanks to the ditches that run along side, road racing is far more exciting, probably because it's so dangerous, one slip and it's race over.
0.60 should include sulky racing, M50 traffic jams, endless toll booths and 'safety cameras' masked as DLC, potholes the size of swimming pools that you can use to emigrate to Australia if you drive down into them and Garda that will drop penalty points once you know the secret handshake. :)

0.60 should include sulky racing, M50 traffic jams, endless toll booths and 'safety cameras' masked as DLC, potholes the size of swimming pools that you can use to emigrate to Australia if you drive down into them and Garda that will drop penalty points once you know the secret handshake. :)
I'm out in the west though, where speed camera signs are meaningless (as they never put cameras out) traffic jams can be avoided by heading down the back road and garda only do speed checks where it's handy instead of the places where people speed. As it's coming up to elections all our potholes are being filled pretty quickly too. It's just a pity they do it in such a way as you'd be better off with the pothole. They fixed one on a bend near me recently and now there's a river running across the bend every time it rains.

I would love to see some Irish roads in a game though (minus potholes), there are a lot of great ones.

I want this one :cool::roflmao:

delorean_back_to_the_future_wallpaper-other.jpg

http://www.hdwpapers.com/walls/delorean_back_to_the_future_wallpaper-other.jpg

But i would love to see some more classic cars, like a Jaguar. And a country track would be nice, just cruising down the British countryside would be nice. :)

Last edited:
I'm out in the west though, where speed camera signs are meaningless (as they never put cameras out) traffic jams can be avoided by heading down the back road and garda only do speed checks where it's handy instead of the places where people speed. As it's coming up to elections all our potholes are being filled pretty quickly too. It's just a pity they do it in such a way as you'd be better off with the pothole. They fixed one on a bend near me recently and now there's a river running across the bend every time it rains.

I would love to see some Irish roads in a game though (minus potholes), there are a lot of great ones.
Think they'd need to put damage modeling in 0.60 to make a proper approximation of Irish roads. 100 yards later you've no bodywork left (if its a Dublin road its a combination of potholes, speed bumps and tracksuit scumbags nicking your alloys while your doing 80). At least you could buy them back for a fiver in the pits. :) Reckon they'll start filling our potholes with non-voters pretty soon.

Watched a base blasting local how-yaa hit a newly laid speedbump in his lowered bling lights Civic a yr ago doing 70 in a 30 zone. He was still picking bits of his bodykit out of local gardens 30 mins later. :)

In all seriousness though Ireland is an amazing road racing location imho. Donegal & roads in the west. Or just the back arse of the Dublin mountains. We call it the Dublin Dakar. Doubt we'll ever see much in AC though. Its just not well known to the rest of the world & thats understandable tbf. More well known locations mean more revenue for KS & theres nothing wrong with that. I'd settle for weather conditions & I'd love to see a bit of damage modeling in 0.60 but I'm already happy with AI in 0.50. Lots more fun on the horizon. Worth the 35 europes.

...not only hotlap racers are riding the curbs (and other things) like crazy.

In fact this is something that bothers me since rfactor. And the same goes with brakes for example, where over-heating has no critical consequences.

Generally speaking, mechanical failures or a system thereof has always been put in second place in the last generations of racing simulators, at least so it seems because either those failures are ruled out by random events or have not been done to the very last consequences leaving room for "exploits" everybody is aware of because of its overall simplification.

...not only hotlap racers are riding the curbs (and other things) like crazy.

In fact this is something that bothers me since rfactor. And the same goes with brakes for example, where over-heating has no critical consequences.

Generally speaking, mechanical failures or a system thereof has always been put in second place in the last generations of racing simulators, at least so it seems because either those failures are ruled out by random events or have not been done to the very last consequences leaving room for "exploits" everybody is aware of because of its overall simplification.

Yeah, I´d love to have a good damage system, since a crucial aspect of racing is not only drive aiming to be the fastest possible, but also looking out for the machine being as smoothest as possible aswell, otherwise it´s lap/race over. :D

I guess later on they´ll implement the brakes over-heating, right?

Something I found interesting posted by Aris on the official AC forum this past week talking about gearbox damage for example:

"Now, when mechanical damage will be enabled, the more grinding noises you hear, the more the "accepted rpm range for gear change" will get narrower. Let me make an example to make this easier to understand.
Right now a specific car might be able to accept a gear in a 1000rpm range. So say that the gear should enter at 4500rpm. You will be succesful if you rev match at 4000 to 5000rpm.
Now, everytime you revmatch badly and hear the noise, this range will get narrower. So 800,700,500 and so on until you will arrive at a point that you will need to press the clutch totally to change a gear and even at that point it might get risky and the gearbox might not accept a different gear. So you might need to let a single gear in and finish a race with that.

So why didn't we opted right away for a more severe simulation? Simply put, there is no specific hardware that simulates an actual gear lever connected to a gearbox (force feedback shifter), nor a properly clutch in consumer pedal sets, and most importantly gearchanging has a lot to do with feel and g forces too. All of those features are heavily lacking in sims. So a very severe simulation would be simply frustrating. We think our system works very good, and "teaches" the player to properly use a clutch in order to be safer and faster. The more risks you get, the more it punishes you, until it breaks down."

Yeah, I´d love to have a good damage system, since a crucial aspect of racing is not only drive aiming to be the fastest possible, but also looking out for the machine being as smoothest as possible aswell, otherwise it´s lap/race over. :D

I guess later on they´ll implement the brakes over-heating, right?

Something I found interesting posted by Aris on the official AC forum this past week talking about gearbox damage for example:

"Now, when mechanical damage will be enabled, the more grinding noises you hear, the more the "accepted rpm range for gear change" will get narrower. Let me make an example to make this easier to understand.
Right now a specific car might be able to accept a gear in a 1000rpm range. So say that the gear should enter at 4500rpm. You will be succesful if you rev match at 4000 to 5000rpm.
Now, everytime you revmatch badly and hear the noise, this range will get narrower. So 800,700,500 and so on until you will arrive at a point that you will need to press the clutch totally to change a gear and even at that point it might get risky and the gearbox might not accept a different gear. So you might need to let a single gear in and finish a race with that.

So why didn't we opted right away for a more severe simulation? Simply put, there is no specific hardware that simulates an actual gear lever connected to a gearbox (force feedback shifter), nor a properly clutch in consumer pedal sets, and most importantly gearchanging has a lot to do with feel and g forces too. All of those features are heavily lacking in sims. So a very severe simulation would be simply frustrating. We think our system works very good, and "teaches" the player to properly use a clutch in order to be safer and faster. The more risks you get, the more it punishes you, until it breaks down."
:x3: giggity!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back