Alright when was that again.....?

ok clearly i went so obscure as to kill the thread i'll just tell you the answer.

its the 1962 rand grand prix at kyalami. the lotus seven was entered by a brausch niemann. he started 21st and finished 10th.

anyone else want to set a slightly easier one?

Hi, so last year I did my first car race, entered the Peugeot 206 GTi production cup one make race series .I qualified 2nd at Snetterton, then got 2nd in race one and then won the second race.

Well things have continued, I did a track day at cadwell in Jan that was amazing, took it to the next level.
Then we had the first round of the 2019 championship on the 24th of march at brands Indy. I've never driven here before but have done millions of laps on AC, I went out in qualifying and did my fastest lap on my 3rd flying lap. Amazing but the SIM was like I'd done a full days testing the day before and just went out and banged a lap in.
I out qualified the field by over 2 seconds.

I won race one by 12 seconds and race 2 by 7 after a safety car.

Below is a link to my Facebook video of the meeting if anyone's interested
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=430401217717333&id=245999856157471

สีแดงแรงฤทธิ์ ISUZU D-MAX 4ประตู VS TOYOTA VIGO 4ประตู | Drag Racing Thailand

K7yx

K7y9

K7ya

Hey guys,

hope this is fine to post here
1f642.png

I‘m writing my master thesis about the „future of motorsport“ and virtual racing at the moment and still need some participants for my survey. And I guess you guys are the perfect target group
1f609.png

So maybe you could help me out a little and take part via the following link:

https://ubayreuthmarketing.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e4AKkYI8ImmsBal

That would just be great and really help me a lot!

Thank you so much!

Cheers
Felix

Hello guys! This weekend I've been on Jerez Circuit (Spain)

Lamera Cup has taken place there. It was a competition that I didnt know until this weekend.
The race was a 24 hour endurance race with cars "Lamera" made by volvo with 910 KG and 320 HP

Here is their website: http://lameracup.fr/
What I understand with my really bad french is there are 3 categories inside the races: Elite, Amateur and Gentlemen.
And there are people who rent a Lamera for like 50.000€ to race on the Lamera Cup.
It's like you can rent one Lamera to race. This surprised me!

And I was looking for a car with specs like there to start competition like lamera with my friends. Did you know any car with more or less the same specs?​

There you have some photos I made this weekend:

cbd84e397fa48dd8e3be4a4208bfbbc2o.jpg

bef8c4387d772edc4e42aef3f39500f8o.jpg

Pd: Sorry if I did some mistakes with the English, I'm Spanish =)

Miami Grand Prix.jpg

The United States of America look set to host a second Grand Prix in 2021, following the sport having reached an agreement in principle to bring F1 racing to Miami for the first time.

The long awaited second Grand Prix in the USA has taken a massive step closer today, with the protracted negotiations between Formula One and Miami having finally come to a successful conclusion, resulting in an agreement in principle to host a race within the iconic Hard Rock Stadium, incorporating the impressive venue in a proposed street circuit race around the Florida city.

“We are thrilled to announce that Formula One and Hard Rock Stadium have reached an agreement in principle to host the first-ever Formula One Miami Grand Prix at Hard Rock Stadium" said a statement from Formula 1’s Managing Director Commercial Operations Sean Bratches and Tom Garfinkel, Vice Chairman and CEO of the Miami Dolphins and the Hard Rock Stadium.

"With an estimated annual impact of more than $400 million and 35,000 room nights, the Formula One Miami Grand Prix will be an economic juggernaut for South Florida each and every year.

“We are deeply grateful to our fans, elected officials and the local tourism industry for their patience and support throughout this process. We look forward to bringing the greatest racing spectacle on the planet for the first time to one of the world’s most iconic and glamorous regions.”

The final hurdle yet to be overcome by the sport is a vote set to take place at the Miami-Dade County on October 28, where it is anticipated the proposals for the race will be approved by the relevant parties ahead of the initial construction work beginning at the circuit venue in the near future.

For more news from the world of Grand Prix racing, head over to the Formula One sub forum to catch up with the news and share your passion with fellow fans of Grand Prix racing.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Honestly, what are we doing here ?? Racing or Marketing?
Marketing. That's the primary purpose of F1's existence, and always will be. If there are no brands to promote then there's no money, and racing comes to an end. Welcome to the "pinnacle" of motorsport. :rolleyes:

Also, agreement in principle. In other words, a "gentleman's handshake" which means very little until someone signs on a dotted line.

I though there was an old rule that they wouldn't have more than one GP per country, its been a while since I heard that or read it somewhere a long time ago. If it dose go ahead can only hope for a good layout for some good racing. I still have my fingers crossed for quite some time time now for a good new track, I think they are permanently cramped in the crossed position.

I though there was an old rule that they wouldn't have more than one GP per country...
Pretty sure that's never been the case, at least not recently. The European Grand Prix was generally held in a country that also had it's own national GP, for example.

At the end of the day, the only rule they're going to have is to send the races where the money is. You can already see this in action right now, with races in (and scheduled for) countries that have no real racing history behind them, and mediocre national interest at best. Meanwhile, countries like the UK, Germany, and Italy, with a solid racing history, massive national interest, and a claim to being the origins of F1, have recently been in danger of losing their races altogether.

What fans want and what is good for the racing in now secondary to whatever earns the brand the most money. End of story.

I though there was an old rule that they wouldn't have more than one GP per country, its been a while since I heard that or read it somewhere a long time ago. If it dose go ahead can only hope for a good layout for some good racing. I still have my fingers crossed for quite some time time now for a good new track, I think they are permanently cramped in the crossed position.
Pretty sure that's never been the case, at least not recently. The European Grand Prix was generally held in a country that also had it's own national GP, for example.

At the end of the day, the only rule they're going to have is to send the races where the money is. You can already see this in action right now, with races in (and scheduled for) countries that have no real racing history behind them, and mediocre national interest at best. Meanwhile, countries like the UK, Germany, and Italy, with a solid racing history, massive national interest, and a claim to being the origins of F1, have recently been in danger of losing their races altogether.

What fans want and what is good for the racing in now secondary to whatever earns the brand the most money. End of story.
Having multiple GPs in one country is an idea that dates back to the 70's with the US GP East as Watkins Glen and the US GP West at Long Beach too.

• Deleted member 561801

My opinion, the GP will be better at night! It would be more fun than the day!!

I only wish that the flights would be cheaper from KL to Miami, and that they do it during the UK school holidays so we could at least feasibly dream about actually going.
Been to Miami before, during a road trip from Texas for the inaugural CoTA F1 race, and then to watch the Dolphins, we loved how chilled it was there. Beaches, tandem bikes along the broad walk. Great bars, hotels and a massive shopping mall to get lost in and spend all the money you don't have...
Really would love to go back and especially to see the F1 cars up close and personal on a street circuit hopefully by the beach, sipping cocktails at a bar whilst cars whistle past at speed.

• Deleted member 6919

Hope they hold the race in September...Imagine the tail wind they might get..:roflmao:

I though there was an old rule that they wouldn't have more than one GP per country, .
San Marino gave Italy two
Luxembourg gave Germany two
Pacific gave Japan two
European gave UK and Spain two
plus a bunch I cant remember off the top of my head.
A rule paid very little reverence.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years