F1 2011 £54.99 for f1 2011 on official f1 web site

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
http://f1store.formula1.com/stores/f1/products/product_details.aspx?pid=92550

F1™ Formula One Video Game 2011 - PC

F1 2011 is the next high definition FORMULA ONE™ videogame from Codemasters®, the developer and publisher of award-winning racing games, under its exclusive worldwide agreement with Formula One Administration Limited. Complete with all the official drivers, teams and circuits of the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, immersing players in the glamour, pressure and exhilaration of the world’s most exciting motorsport, on and off the circuit.

Developed using Codemasters’ EGO Technology Platform, an evolution from the award winning EGO Engine, F1 2011 will deliver an unrivalled FORMULA ONE experience that put players into the heart of the world’s most exciting sport, powered by cutting edge graphics, advanced physics systems and integrated network play.

• All the cars, all the stars. All the drivers of the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP are present, including former World Champions Lewis Hamilton, Fernando Alonso and Michael Schumacher and reigning champion Sebastian Vettel.

• Every circuit, beautifully realised. Burn rubber on all 19 of the 2011 tracks including the all new Buddh International Indian venue, each modelled with unprecedented accuracy and jaw-dropping visuals.

• Be the driver, live the life. Players will become immersed in the world of FORMULA ONE like never before. Performance on the track is reflected away from the wheel in a fully-featured career mode.

• The world’s greatest cars, the most exciting racing. F1 2011’s extensive suite of driver aids and car set up options enable seasoned pros and novices alike to easily find a competitive level.

• Fully dynamic weather. Affecting strategy, performance and delivering stunning visual effects, F1 2011 features the most advanced weather system in any racing game. Feel the track conditions change with Codemasters’ all new “Active Track” system.

• Full online multiplayer. F1 2011 will include extensive online multiplayer options allowing players to take on their friends and the rest of the world in a range of race modes.
Price: £54.99
Is this an error?

Or is it just Bernie being a greedy ****.

It does say "available from 23/9/2011" at the bottom, so I can only assume that its a pre-sale.

Interesting how it says "Burn rubber on all 19 of the 2011 tracks including the all new Buddh International Indian venue". I wonder if Bahrain's been left out then? As if it does go ahead this year, there will be 20 races.

Firstly, that's ridiculously expensive and secondly, that list doesn't show us a single thing that's new. If that is the release price, I will 100% be holding fire for a Steam sale. I wouldn't pay that much for a photo realistic F1 game with the best AI!

Edit: I hope they don't play around with the engine too much - if they don't most of the mods for F1 2010 should be easily adapted for the new game.

Yeah looking at the prices on pretty much everything in their store, I doubt an actual game vendor is going to sell it at that price.
Photo Frame £10 Down from £49.99. I think they are out to make a quick buck out of needy fans.
Think I will use Steam again :D

Console Games are always ridiclously High, that's why Developers make games for consoles more then PC's.... the PC Games which are new are always between £30 £40 no more & certanly no less..... don't think i'd pay that much for a poxy game, no thank you :D

Console Games are always ridiclously High, that's why Developers make games for consoles more then PC's.... the PC Games which are new are always between £30 £40 no more & certanly no less..... don't think i'd pay that much for a poxy game, no thank you :D

Indeed - and if you go online to play.com or similar, you'll only end up paying about £26.

No sign of a PC version at GAME by the way...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 388 39.9%