Linus Tech Tips, best known for PC building and computer hardware reviews, has assembled a high-end sim racing setup.
It's so common for online personalities to post content featuring their sim racing rigs that we forget it how far our hobby has come in recent years. The latest big name to shine a light on the sim racing world is Linus Tech Tips. The Vancouver based online media giant posted a video featuring a new sim rig build with some impressive gear.
The video, titled "Building the ULTIMATE Racing Setup", amassed nearly one million views in the first day. The premise of the video was the LTT team building a triple-4K sim racing setup with motion.
Here are the major components used:
- Sim Lab P1-X cockpit
- Sim Lab Triple Monitor Mount
- Fanatec Podium Wheel Base DD2 wheelbase
- Fanatec Podium Wheel GT World Challenge wheel
- Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ V 1.5 shifter
- Heusinkveld Sim Pedals Ultimate+ pedals
- D-BOX 4250i G3 Haptic System for motion
- Origin PC i9 12900K / NVIDIA RTX 3090 based computer
- AORUS FV43U monitors
A high profile content creator like Linus Tech Tips is another sign of the growth of sim racing, and a nice showcase of some of the great gear you can find in the RaceDepartment Store.
Are there any components of the Linus Tech Tips build that are on your wishlist? Is there anything you agree or disagree with in the build based on your own experiences? Let us know in the comments below.