Also several bug fixes/small improvements.
- Automatic event detection and change as follows:
- Race -> Quali -> Race
- Online Race -> Online Quali => Online Race
- If user has chosen an event, the system will default to that, e.g. Scenario mode is like race, but if you have chosen that, the system will use it
- Default mode is Time Trial
- New telemetry graphs
- Suspension movement and speed
- KERS on
- By default use the laptimes and sector times from the game
- DriverDNA tab for checking your consistency
- New dialog for settings (much easier than editing the settings.xml file)
- CTRL-O and CTRL-R open by default in the lapdata directory
For upgrade, just overwrite the old Telemetry.jar
For new installation, please read the ReadMe.txt in the .zip.
I expect this to be the last version for F1 2013, unless there are some serious issues with this version.
Now I have played bit more with the F1 2013 datafeed with extradata="2". and extradata="3" values in hardware_settings_config.xml.
Based on this, in the new version there are:
If you are updating from 1.x or 2.x, just unzip the package and replace Telemetry.jar in your Telemetry Application install dir.
- Automatic track detection (all tracks including Classic). I found this really handy e.g. in short online races, as the tool automatically changes tracks, so you can just stay in the game all the time.
- Fuel usage/excess fuel left for race (+ FP & Q). For race (online and offline) it shows in 'Race Info' the amount of fuel left + excess fuel. This makes is really easy + fun to optimize the fuel usage during the race. Yesterday when I was just supposed to test it quickly, I ended up racing from 10pm to 3 am.
- Also in 'Race Info' as requested I added autoscroll for laptimes and "Theoretical all-time best", which are kept across sessions. These can be toggled.
If you are doing a new installation, please read the ReadMe.txt in the .zip for detailed installation instructions.
I consider this as the final version for F1 2013, unless there are some really serious bugs/issues or if I can come up with some new functionality.
Again, I hope you enjoy this, I do.
I have learned that since the F1 2012 final version there has been an option to export KERS/DRS/Fuel data from the Codemasters F1 games in the telemetry export feed.
I have now updated my Telemetry application to take advantage to this.
In order to fully use the new telemetry feed, you must edit the hardware_settings_config.xml (in <My Games>\FormulaOne2013) and change extradata="1" to extradata="2".
Due to the changes in the feed, here is list of some of the new functionality added to the 2.0 version.
- New save file format. The system is still compatible with the F1 perfview format and the application can still save files in that format, if needed.
- Fastest lap with KERS/DRS. The fastest lap save file format is almost the same, but with 2.0 the KERS/DRS data is now saved too. Old fastest lap files don't have those, but the old fastest lap data can still be used.
- KERS/DRS data in Telemetry graph panel, comparison maps and graph panel.
- Brake temperature data available.
- Fuel usage/estimates in Race Info. Also cleaned Race Info to be more useful for race data.
- Some additional JSON feeds for the embedded http server. See the http server readme.
- Many small fixes
Please see the ReadMe.txt in the .zip package for further details.
- you can just copy the Telemetry.jar to the location, where you had installed the previous version of the application
- And then you must remember to modify the hardware_settings_config.xml
I hope you enjoy this. I do.
Here is new version (1.1a) of my telemetry application. I consider this as the last version for F1 2013 (unless I need to make another bug fix).
- In 1.1a added small fix to the mimimap highlight when using live data
Here is new version (1.1) of my telemetry application. I consider this as the last version for F1 2013 (unless I need to make a bug fix).
What is new:
Fixes/changes in RaceInfoPanel
- Added extra Graph panel. You can set e.g. Speed to x-axis and Gears to y-axis and show only points where Revs are above e.g. 16000.
- Added embedded http server. Now you can change track e.g. from tablet/smartphone and access some of the data also on your tablet/smart phone. This is a proof of concept, but can be easily expanded, if need arises. See the readMe in the html_root directory.
- Added connection tester, see the ReadMe
- Up/down keys scroll the laptimes on bottom-left panel. This is handy, if you have driven more laps, than can be shown in the screen
- Changed front-wheel indicators to show skid (instead of spin)
- Added "Theoretical best" to laptimes display
- Change the graph part show both laptime + session times
Here are screenshots from the new GraphPanel
- Added highlight to the minimap (bottom-right) for the telemetry graph (zoom in with mouse scroll or drag the telemetry graph)
- Previous lap graphs now work correctly (under RED LINE button)
- Cursor for Prev.lap also fixed (click with mouse in the graph)
Lapdistance on Steer with color as Brake
G-force latitudinal on G-force longitudinal Gear > 3
New highlight for the minimap
New version of the Telemetry Application for F1 201x games.
Key new features/fixes
If you are updating from 1.01, you can just overwrite the old Telemetry.jar.
- Added sector times to the Raceinfopanel graph
- ComparisonPanel, Added comparison to previous lap + engine revs
- Fixed Monza sector time calculation
- Fixes to other tracks sector locations
- Added the real sector values for Imola & Jerez from their progress_track.xml files
- Reduced memory footprint
- Other small fixes here and there