New version is here. I expect this to be the final version for F1 2016.
The key fix is that the tool now works with the UDP feed from the consoles (PS4 & XBOX).
Other changes/fixes in this release
Added revs/gear overlay to Telemetry tab. You can activate this with key 'R' in the Telemetry tab
In Raw Data tab you can adjust the font size with mouse wheel
Removed out_1 and out_2 from the 'General Options' as you can now do this from the game directly. The out_1 and out_2 can still be enabled by editing the settings.xml
Changed bit the data structure in track files and in the data files.
Several small fixes here and there
For updates from 5.x, just replace your old Telemetry.jar from the .zip (but you can also unzip all files to the installation directory)
If this is new installation (PC, Mac or Linux), please read the ReadMe.txt in the .zip before installing.
There are two main fixes
1) A total rewrite of the way, how the UDP data is received from the game. This is now much more robust and should ensure, there are no gaps in the received data.
2) Mac compatibility fixes. This should now work on Macs. It has been tested on Yosemite and El Capitan.
There are some other small fixes + some additions. See the ReadMe.txt for them.
For users of 5.0 and 5.1, you can just take the Telemetry.jar from the .zip and replace your current Telemetry.jar. If this is new installation, please check the ReadMe.txt for details on how to install this tool.
Here is how to install this on Mac (tested on El Capitan)
1) Install Oracle Java JRE (minimum 8.0.0_102)
2) Download the zip. Mac should automatically expand the zip into Telemetry_v5 directory. You can put this folder anywhere in your system
3) CTRL-Click (i.e. AppleKey-Click) on the Telemetry.jar and choose open and then "Allow from unidentified developer"
4) The tool should open in new window, on the taskbar at the bottom it will have Java icon. (TODO for next version is to get the icon loading to work).
5) Follow the ReadMe.txt's instructions, how to get data from the game. If you get the data from PS/Xbox, please check this link.