"Roy Hesketh was one of only 2 purpose built road circuits in Natal, a coastal province on the East coast of South Africa, the other was Westmead in Durban. Other tracks in the province were generally street venues. Work on the circuit started in 1951 after the city realised its street venue (Alexandra Park) races were no longer suitable. Until its demise in 1981 due to the ever increasing pressure of urban development in Pietermaritzburg, Roy Hesketh was a famous and favourite venue for international series like the Springbok Series and the Easter races, which saw racers from around the world converge on Pietermaritzburg.
On the inside of Quarry, I have placed a memorial plaque for my father, who's ashes were sprinkled there - He absolutely loved Roy Hesketh, and you can see why after a few laps there."
- P. Minnaar
- 35 pit/grid
- CSP features + VAO
- Vintage feelings
- Original 3d model by @Paul Minnaar
- conversion by @rmi_wood
- physical road, trees, 3d remodeling and TSO by @pugsang
- camera, 3d fixes, physical and road shaders by @shin956
- extended cameras by @racealot
- UI, logo and sections files by @Fanapryde
- rain config by @twobegreen
- beta testing by @Mascot, @breathe_reprise , @macko68, @marneus_the_boss