Jops V.0.5 ; initial release
Jops V.0.7 :
- New preview and outline maps from Jody Parks
- Camera set from Jody Parks
- Bug with curbs left/right side of the track fixed
Jops V.0.9 :
- New AI and camera set from Jody Parks . Many thanks to him for his precious contribution
The AI can now be considered as functional. It is possible to race with an entire field of 24 GTcars (or other cars), without having to deal with massive crash at some point of the track. Together with a nice set of camera, it makes the track to V0.9 to me.
- added Startposition for Hotlap
- Optimization of object (definition, typ)
- Work on Shaders (definition, typ, parameter, transparency, ...) => work in Progress, very early stage. I have a lot to learn about that !!
- Bug Pit speed limit fixed.
- Asphalt pits. It should be better looking now.
- Collision with objects (rocks, wall, buildings, tree, ...) ; Work in Progress
- Modification of the behind scenery. Attempt to reduce the mountain size, which look in my opinion way to big in comparison with the original GPL track.
- Collision with objects ; beware of the trees !
In order to have a nice race experience ,which is the goal after all,I let some trees "transparent".
- Big Work on the Shaders (Type, parameters). I hope you will like the track as it is now. I worked on trees, road, objects, ...
It is a very difficult task, because I dont really have knowledge on what each parameter relly do, and how the editors are working.
Take it as my effort to improve a 10 years old Rfactor track. I will try to improve it further, but I reach a point where i have to do some compromise, and where I have reached my own modding limits !
A further improvment could be to play with the initial sun position and/or rotation ob object, but i could not find how to do that until know.
I have tested the track at various weather and time. I recommand a time beetween 11:am and about 15:30 in game (with content manager 14:00 is 15:00 in game !). The later the most shadows on the track, but some trees will become "flashy".
The sooner, the best will look the main straight.
- Slight improve of the ai_hints parameter, in order to race with the GT3 cars. It is a very minimal change. Regarding the AI, I think that the line could be improved and I will look further at that.
- Position of some objects / removal of some trees due to shader compromise.
After reading about the sudden death of Nick Milton on the Racedepartment forum, I have decided to made a assetto corsa conversion of the Jops track, in order to include a small hommage to him into the form of a billboard on the side of the track.
It is about nothing in comparison with such a drama, but at least his close friends would have the possibility to remembering him everytime they will enter the track.
The original track for GPL has been created about 12 years ago in pretty similar circumstances, after the sudden death of my frend Jean Pierre "Jops".
We fought at that time that a track would be the best hommage to keep as much as possible Jops present with us.
I would appreciate you to read again the original readme about the detailed history of the track. Thanls in advance for that.
I am not at all a professional modder, and I have never made an Assetto Corsa track before.
I discover during the last days the tools, and I have converted the Rfactor track we made about 10 years ago with my friend Alain "Neel Jani".
At this point, the conversion is made. Ir remains work on the graphical side (shader, trees, .....
I just wanted to make the track available, even in beta stage, in order for his friends to use it if they wish to do so.
The optimisation will be better with each release of the track, maybe with some help from more competent modders as I am.
But for those who already have appreciated this track on other simulation, I am pretty sure that you will already appreciate the special atmosphere we tried to impulse on this track at that time, even if not is perfect at the moment.
There is two portion of the track pretty bumpy, and I don't know how to correct that.
But the essential to me is that I can enter the track, and that there is a billboard "Remembering Nick Milton" on the side of the track , and that I can know make a sign at my dear friend Jops in Assetto Corsa too.
Never forget to think to both of them when entering the track.