(Fictional) 2017 No.58 Strakka Racing 650S GT3 Livery Competition Entry
This is my beloved entry for the Strakka Ultimate Livery Competition for the upcoming Blancpain GT 24 Hours of Spa.
- Added more valid sponsors.
- Fully implemented Chroming Effect onto the car's bodypaint area.
- Adjusted every DDS files that is meant for the SKIN LIVERY to have 6 Generated MIPMAPs instead of 3.
- Separated some detail DDS Files exclusively for the Car's Body Paint Area to avoid conflict.
- Adjusted the material "CARPAINT" to use a different attributes of values to achieve Chroming Effects
- Changed some Saving Formats of the DDS Files for the SKIN LIVERY to achieve better effects transition when viewd in-game.
- Added the United Kingdom Flags on both sides of the Carbon Fibre Wing.
Things to do:
- Update the LODs to make it compatible with the modified 650S GT3
- Update the Preview Picture file with the latest visuals of the livery (forgot).
- Further improve necessary details (like arrow indicators on the locks).
- Change Black Decal Areas with Wireframes into real Carbon Fibers instead.
- Refine as decals to make them more sharper.
- Add real driver names that was meant for the car when it was still an entry for the Strakka Racing Livery Competition.
Things to do (v2.0):
- Adjust some UVMappings on the front Windshield (Interior & Exterior) making it possible for me to make the "Position Lights" present on the Blancpain/IMSA-like.
- (Optional) add function-able endurance lights on the front of the car.
The things this modified 650S GT3 cannot do:
- No Damage Normal Mapping & Dust Overlay Effect Support, scrapping these things made it possible for the car to "Chrome".
Congratulations to Jorrit van Dasselaar for winning the Livery competition, enjoy the race for us with your creation, Godspeed!
My actual entry template submitted to McLaren on the 4th of July.
Requirements: The entire thing WILL NOT WORK without these three.
1. Assetto Corsa DREAMPACK #3 DLC Pack (This DLC contains the 650S GT3)
2. Car Manager Tool (So you can have the Engine Sounds of the original 650S GT3 be transferred to the modified 650S GT3)
3. KUNOS Simulazioni's Original Engine Sound or FONSECKER's 650S GT3 Engine Sound (let the Car Manager Tool assess that for you).
1. Extract the "content" folder to your Assetto Corsa Main Directory.
2. Move the following files shown on the JPEG file included on this archive named "LOOKATTHIS.jpg".
3. Use Car Manager Tool to let it generate the Engine Sound Bank File from the original 650S GT3 to the modified 650S GT3)
4. That's it you are done!
IMPORTANT: I only included the modified parts where the Chrome Effect was made possible. You need to own the DREAMPACK #3 DLC Pack to get the other files on your own. Be sure to look at the "LOOKATTHIS.jpg" file to see what do you need to copy onto the modded 650S GT3.
Also be sure NOT to copy the entire content inside the SFX Folder - Let the Car Manager Tool do this for you so you will hear the engine sound in-game. I heavily recommend using FONSECKER's version.
It is not required but if you can spare something it will help me a lot in return and more future projects such as this will be present.
The things you need from the original 650S GT3 by KUNOS (Dreampack 3 DLC) are as follows:
- (FOLDER and its contents) Animation
- (FOLDER and its contents) SFX <---- Use Car Manager Tool
- (FOLDER and its contents) Texture
- (FILE) body_shadow.png
- (FILE) collider.kn5
- (FILE) driver_base_pos.knh
- (FILE) logo.png
- (FILE) tyre_0_shadow.png
- (FILE) tyre_1_shadow.png
- (FILE) tyre_2_shadow.png
- (FILE) tyre_3_shadow.png
Enjoy the mod!
(Fictional) 2017 No.58 Strakka Racing 650S GT3 Livery Competition Entry 1.0
Strakka Racing Entry