No more steering asssist for pad users
+ (update for wheel users)
1.4 Finally realistic feeling of driving
You need to have real driving skills to use 'advanced files', after you you have learned how car act, noone can stop you anymore.
1.21 Let me know what do you think about game's feedback now. Is there too much of it?
Please let me know what you liked and what you disliked, so I can make the next update even better! 1.3 will be better with your feedback!
Turned all assist off? Feeling pro? Well you shouldn't...
JUST KIDDING... If you love the game how it is then this is not for you.
Codemasters added full steering assist for pad users includes keyboard players. I believe "hard core" or people who knows how to drive has noticed this and finds the game unplayable due that.
- Steering assist is removed1.1 version
- Teams are balanced
- Teams are not balanced1.2 version
- Handling is more responsivelyWhat makes the driving unenjoyable due steering assist
- Handling differences between teams are huge
- Car setups are now in big role
- Need oversteer you get it. Need understeer you get it!
- !Wheel users should notice differences!
- Feedback is now online!
- New tyre wear texture
- Offroad driving takes life out from those tyres
- Restricted areas "unlocked"
- Parts come off more easily
Those are the major points I suffered in many races and gave up with the game.
- You cannot make mistakes and if you do its more than hard to recove from low speed corners. Monaco is good example
- You can use whatever brake setups you want and pretty much the outcome is same. Need to get car stop -> 60% front + high pressure + large brake pads or small (ligther car)
- There is no way to have legit lock up since the car can turn specific amount on each turn -> means you cannot steer over the "ideal" point to "bad" point where your tyres would lock up.
- Tyre wear is... ummm its umm Pirelli with steel tyres. Easily up to 18 laps in Austria one stop strategy meanwhile AI pits 2- 3. (50% race)
Firstly I searched if someone has already made this since I was going to start career but couldn't find any -> took the game files under magnification and I did it by myself and the game was WAY MUCH better with pad. I bet you can be not noticing how stupid it actually was.
This only "fixes" removes the steering assist from game and follow things will now occur in game after installing mod:
- NORMAL lock ups <- oh men it feels great
- Made mistake? recover without throwing the pad throught the window
- Attack corners (using kerbs) as much as you want, since you can't do it
- Tyre wear is pretty good:
1. Drive with high shifting and you will loose tyres faster.
2. Save tyres by low shifting
-> You can actually feel the point when you loose the best grip out of the tyres. Normally 2 to 3 laps pushing and tyres are not the same.
Same applies if saving tyres, start to push those few laps before pit, they can do it well but they are heavily worn by the time when entering the pit
- DRIVING STYLE MAKES DIFFERENCES!!!!Drive inside white lines and minimal wheel spin and you are good to go for extra laps
Drive outside track and you will notice it quickly
- CAR SETUPS ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHINGYou really need to figure out which setups are good for you for stable race.
"Only" thing I just cannot understand in game WHY in practice session has so much traction control -> have good setups in practice -> Changes are high to rage quit in qualifying or in race
Installing the mod is piece of difficult cake:
2. Locate your game root (where F12014.exe lies)
3. Overwrite when asked
4. Start the game and feel the differences
There is still alot assists which are hidden even thought you have all "off" whatever it means in game we will never find out.
Good example: Spin anywhere and while sliding sideway the car stops immeadilitly.