This is a re-issue of an existing mod by Comiell. It is still an active mod, but the download is in our old download section. It is not clear whether the old download section will return after the website update, hence the re-upload.
Thanks to @Melphiz for highlighting the problem.
F1 2012 - Realistic Damage v3.0 by Cromiell for Players & AI
I'd like to present 3rd version of my Damage Modification for F1 2012. Now it is possible to tweak damage only for player, only for AI or for both player & AI - by your choose.
The following mod is fully compatible with all of the patches!
Change Log UPDATE to v3.0:
- Omitted tag "impact_ai_player_modifier" has been fixed
- Omitted values for "impact_ai_player_modifier" for Player, AI, Player & AI have been added
- Increased the collision sensitivity for immovable objects for every level what should result in more realistic damage for any contacts with walls and barriers or any other circuit objects
- Changed "impact_player_player_modifier" to 0.5 (may prevent crashing the game when trying to join Multiplayer). However, please note that "Realistic Damage" mod WILL NOT work in Multiplayer. Nor, will any other damage modding. You will be kicked immediately after joining.
It will increase yours and/or AI damage level based on percentage of basic settings. Please note that both
players and AI damage will be set to the same value.
NOTE: BACK UP YOUR loose_parts_settings.xml BEFORE REPLACING FILE WITH THE MODDED ONE.
1. Unpack the archive.
2. Choose whose damage settings should be increased:
3. Choose your desired damage increase level:
- Player only,
- AI only,
- both Player and AI.
NOTE: I recommend setting choosing between x4 and x5 damage. x5 may be a bit too tricky for the rear of your car and I find it bit overpowered in that case. 4x is fully fine in my opinion.
- 1x (Very Small),
- 2x (Small),
- 3x (Medium),
- 4x (High),
- 5x (Very Realistic),
- 6x (Hardcore).
4. Copy your chosen loose_parts_settings.xml file to your F1 2012 [PC] game main folder. Click YES to replace.
5. Play the game and enjoy!
After no fixes being done to F1 2012 Safety Car, remydeleeuw and his team decided to work their own way around. Need more drama? Download it as soon as possible! Safety Car fix included, chance improved, expanded trigger system, longer period of debris and cars staying on the track and much, much more to come! Work is still in progress so make sure you have the newest version. Safety Car Mod and Realistic Damage Mod partnered, to give you the most realistic experience of F1 2012 drama and thriller ever! None of your career's races will be boring now. Welcome to the real world of action.