Hello Everyone, This is my second scratch built track for Assetto Corsa. I wanted this one to be as accurate as I possibly could make it, but also by using some artistic licence to recreate the feeling of the place (and hopefully some of the magic i was hoping to capture). I spent hours researching all the information I could find from the internet, videos, pics, magazine articles etc, a lot of people here helped by sending me these so many thanks.
Most of the tracks height data is taken from the current lidar data and then cross referenced with all the existing parts of the modern day layouts (from all the sims) but bare in mind there was a lot of guess work involved.
For track widths and old sections, I took a trip to Donington with my tape measure and theodolite and walked and shot images of the old Melbourne hairpin (which still exists) and measured as much as I could in the limited time I was allowed to walk around those areas.
About - Please watch this Video - Explains more than I possibly could here - it will also get you hyped no doubt
- 30 Pit boxes
- Complete 3D terrain
- Dynamic racing groove
- Track Map
- Working AI
- 3 TV Cameras (Courtesy of Terra21)
- 3D Grass
- Audio Reverb's (Bridges and wooded areas)
- (Reduce world detail to remove 3D grass for better performance especially for VR)
- All the folks over at the W.A.Y.W.O Thread for their support and help with info's and what not
- Terra21 - for all his not stop track action, and the AI & Cameras