Been sat on this for a while..this was done to figure out seasonal adjustments and grass fx via content manager...so just thought i would update.....toyed with the idea of doing a night config...but didn't get round to it...if any body is up for it be my guest
install - Delete old track folder first from your tacks folder - unpack this RAR and copy contents to your tracks folder
- Updated Tree Textures
- Added Seasonal Adjustments (Shaders Patch Only)
- Added extra tree lines & distant terrain
- Added Dynamic Grass (Shaders Patch Only)
Ok so i finally got round to updating this, learned a lot since doing this track, so it was well over due (Special Thanks to Darren Blythe for his kind permission to use his awesome tree textures - thanks Pal)
i have squeezed as much performance as i possibly could from it by tweaking everything and decimating the crap out of my ridiculously over polygon-ed land mesh, there are still a couple of frame dips, but my main aim was to get it not dropping below 180fps on my system, which is the golden spot for my vr, and hopefully yours - those still struggling for frames try reducing world detail to high - this will loose the 3d grass and should get you to were you need to be.
i think the improvements make a Hugh difference - ENJOY
- Updated Road Textures throughout
- Updated Tree Textures
- Updated kerb Textures
- Repainted Terrain throughout and new grass textures
- Added Gravel Runoffs
- Trimmed and optimised 3d grass
- New track edge textures
- New Ai lines both layouts
- Dynamic groove fixed
- Overall Performance Tweaks
- Reduced Terrain polygon count (increased FPS & Faster load times (Reduce world detail to high for better performance)
- Fixed lots of crudely patched terrain holes
- and loads and loads of other stuff
Ok sorry for the quick update. a few fixes
- Fixed Balloon Shadow
- Pushed pit-lane back to avoid limiter kicking in with 2 wheels over
- Added extra pit boxes to both layouts - 28 in total - tested and working fine with AI
- Added groove to loop layout
- Added Cameras to drift layout - you can now cycle through them in replay mode
- fixed RAR Corruption issue - uploaded as a zip file - SORRY
Thank you for you paitence all the kind reviews you guys have given my track so far, it means a lot
So i finally got round to finishing this thing, 1.0 is done, i have been busy, Honestly with other things
thanks and enjoy and as always be kind
- Updated Shader's across the whole track to bring overall brightness levels up (in line with user feedback)
- Added new track lines to pit lane in line with you tube reference videos
- Added Reverse Open Drift Layout (Note: there is no AI for this layout - but its completely open including the tight cart track section and the Restaurant section
- Added Dynamic groove and corner entry skids marks, these are not too heavy as i felt it looked a little unnatural on this small rural circuit
- Finally fixed all Normal's on various track side objects (buildings, bridge etc) and fixed a few mesh holes in the restaurant building. everything now lights correctly Phew!!
- Optimised as much as i could face doing, unfortunately i went a little crazy with the polygon count on the terrain early on in my lack of knowledge, and it just crushes me, the though of redoing, so it is what it is
- New Texture for balloon with track logo and marshals bibs
- Added sections.ini
OK first of thanks to everyone who has given feedback or is just following this stumble through track making, its been super fun doing this project up to now!!!
So this is nearly getting to 1.0,. only really have the groove elements to add, i have re-painted the entire terrain, new track edges etc etc (pretty much everything) hopefully you will notice the improvement, especially the overall light levels of the track have been balanced side by side with kunos tracks (as far as i'm willing to go). new sand traps that actually are sand, oh and fixed the 2 major bugs, the collision mesh (sticky barriers) and the dropped lap issue, both have been tested and work perfectly (now go enjoy online and please invite me i would love to race some of you guys for fun). Visually i'm now pretty happy with it, let me know your thoughts. ps i'm still about 10fps away from were i need to be with this track, so LOD work will continue.
thanks go to dodz27 for the amazing new additional camera sets for the short loop - cheers
- Added Proper sand traps - and adjusted to match final 2010 layout - as it was at time of closing
- Re-painted entire terrain - more subtle details
- Fixed Sticky Barriers - new collision mesh created
- Fixed Out of bounds drop lap issue - Re-positioned timing gates
- Added Track Logo Banner
- Added patches Seams
- New Track edges
- Approx 10 more frames optimistion (LOD grass and all other elements around track)
- loads more................
First of, Super sincere apologies to those with limited bandwidth or those who have just downloaded !SORRY!. Anyway today was a bonus day off work that i wasn't expecting, so got this done as i will not have much time in the foreseeable future to work on this. so thought id share it with you guys. Have Fun and let me know what you think.The Caterham Super 7 Mod is so much fun to race on the Loop
- Added Short Loop Layout (Recommended for the Vintage Cars - sure you can take a modern GT3 over that bumpy crest at full tilt, BUT be careful you may fly)
OK so i have been busy with (Real) work so sorry about the slow update. I have been doing a lot of texture work, tweaking Normal Maps, replacing textures, and adjusting shaders, i have made some major updates to the surrounding terrain, and road textures and shaders. Hope you enjoy as much as i am having fun making....
- Changed Sun Position and angle to match correct location - Driving at 4.30 is the best time for me coming down the back straight with sun sun rays poking through the trees
- Re-modeled surrounding terrain based on google height data and reduced unnecessary terrain that was not seen
- More Optimization (Approx 5 fps Average increase) and reduced overall file size
- New Road texture and addition of patches (more work to do on these)
- Added New road edge texture
- Added Marshal Boxes
- Added Slip road dirt track (After turn one)
- Tweaked Bridge Model to better match real life reference
- Fixed Sticky Barriers (Flipped Normals in non rendered collision map)
- Added Audio Sources - Reverbs from major buildings and bridge echo
- Adjusted Start Position For Hot Lap Mode, now at start of home straight (More sensible)
- Fixed lap not registering issue when driving through pit lane
- Fixed Ai Pitlane line so AI doesn't stop randomly at turn one - they now drive through at full speed
This update is a small hot-fix, i have not had much time to work on any major stuff, but i have done some optimization and reduced the whole track file size by compressing all textures and made distant physical object none physical. this gained on average 10fps on my gtx760, more optimizations to come as soon as i have time, but at least it runs better which is step in the right direction.
- Optimization (more to do) compressed textures and re-name distant physical objects as none, Gained Approx 10fps on my system.
- Re-named all Kerbs you should now feel these (don't know how i missed that)
- 2 new camera sets courtesy of Sunny Sky Speed - Thanks Pal.
This update is largely texture and terrain final tweaks, optimization and groove to come soon i promise, just need to knuckle down to real work for a couple of weeks
- Added new slip road & more track side details
- Added track edge textures
- New Curb textures and Coloring
- Reduced small track edge curbs (hotel hairpin)
- Tweaked KS shader for road (now darker in low light conditions)
- Remodeled Terrain (to side of Corner Two)
- Tweaked Window Shaders for reflections
- Smoothed high bumps from final corner Cut patch (makes this corner a little easier)
- Tweaked track line shader (better blend without repeating)
- Tweaked lots of other shaders around the track
- Added Balloon (i know!!! but it really suits the environment) - just delete the KN5 if you really cant face it.
I Have updated and tweaked a fare few items around the track, main focus was on getting the road surface up to speck, i still have some work to do with track edges, but hey its looking so much better. again thanks to all those that have helped so far....More updates to come......
- Pine trees Added + tweaking and Culling a lot of trees and adding tree walls
- Added more track side details
- Added new track lines (removed from main road diffuse texture)
- Road texture details updated (cracks & road texture)
- Invisible collision meshes added
- Optimization by tree grouping (more work to be done here)
After 2 solid days of scratching my head a biting my nails, test after test after test, tweak, test repeat repeat. i have finally finished a proper physics road mesh, i hope you agree its like night and day, its feels like a proper old bumpy track, it feels alive now, and it bites. ps if your wondering about the placement of some of the larger bumps these are in anticipation of road patches cracks etc. Thanks go to Lilski & Fat-Alfie for their help with this
the track cameras have been updated (thanks very kindly to norbs)
next-up is texture work mainly the road, proper to-scale lines, cracks, etc etc and fixing various other glaring issues
PINE TREES - how did i miss that, now to try and find some good textures.....
Please let me know your thoughts, this is my first attempt at this and i don't have a great wheel for testing so comments/feedback welcome.
- Physics Mesh Added (First Pass)
PS. if anybody would like to record a fast AI line please go ahead
(I'm not fast, or particularly clean)