Welcome to ACE 2014 - The F1 2014 "AI Challenge Enhancer"!
- Adjusted AI Team & Driver Performances (on track & fast forward) to match 2014 Season
T1 - Mercedes, Williams, RedBull
T2 - Ferrari, McLaren, Force India, Toro Rosso
T3 - Lotus, Sauber
T4 - Marussia, Caterham
- Adjusted Player Car Performance to match simulated Quali times in dry conditions:
- Reworked ai_vehicle_track & ai_track files to match AI-on-track Performance to player's Performance in dry, light & full rain conditions in qualifying and Race.
- All cars (player and AI) have "pre-Monza" and "post-Monza" gears
- Same Top Speeds for player and AI
- reduced DRS an slipstream effect
- Reworked fuel and tyre effects for AI.
- adjusted fuel amounts and usage per lap for player & AI
- reduced chances of additional engine Power for AI Cars
- adjusted difficulty levels (all levels are closer to Legend)
- Wet qualifyings: when using fast forward in wet qualifying sessions, times will go berserk (especially in full wet), so avoid using it.
light rain fast forward works "ok" (within 0.5 secs to on-track times) on these tracks:
Don't use fast forward (including jumping out on track and back to the box) on the other tracks in light rain and on all tracks in full wet qualifying sessions.
Fast forward in dry conditions works on all tracks.
- In Full Wet conditions, the players tyres drop significantly in grip after 1 lap (~1 sec in shanghai) and then stay stable. AI cars drive on the later, stable level.
- In 50% and 100% races don't be fooled by the fuel level display, it shows a shortage at race start on many tracks.
Despite the display you will make it to the end driving mix two the whole race with shifing at red LEDs safely, probably even with shifting at blinking blue RPM lights.
How to use:
- extract the zip and copy the content to your install folder. BACKUP YOUR OLD FILES FIRST!!
- The MOD only works properly AS A WHOLE! I do not guarantee it working with parts of it replaced.
You can though use it with any damage modifier mod you like, just don't use too hight damage modifiers for AI cars, there will be too many wings flying around.
- Don't use a modified surface_materials.xml, it will mess up on track performances.
- The modded Files will not work online!! However if you want to play online you can swap the modded files for the original ones.
- Savegames using the original database should be fine, as no references in database were changed. I have no clue how the changes affect savegames using other edited databases.
Nevertheless I do not guarantee a compatibility with existing Savegames.
- You will almost certainly have to choose a lower Difficulty Level than with the Standard AI, unless you found Standard-Legend AI too slow
-> THIS IS INTENDED!! .. and no shame.