Zero Speed FFB issue

RMR1

@Simberia
At a standstill i.e. in pits or after a spin the wheel starts rotating back and forth with maximum force when not centered properly. Only a few degrees off center tigger these wild wrestling moves. At first, not knowing this, I hurt myself quite badly with my T500RS. @Renato Simioni, are you going to address this issue soon, or must there be some injuries first?

I have had same issue with a fanatic cswv1. It is intermittent for me and I'm not sure if its car dependant. Usually happens when I first get into pits, it goes left to right quite violently

I use low ffb

Yes I can agree with this to a point.

What I think happens is that when the simulation loads and you are dropped onto the track in your car, (this is literally what the gmotor engine is doing if I am not mistaken), and you have your steering wheel off center a little then you can get some pretty harsh wheel rotation motions as the game and your controllers begin to communicate.

Maybe if the game could detect the steering wheel rotation (correct any difference between steering angle and the steering wheel) before the car is loaded then the virtual steering rack could be aligned before the car spawns and eliminate the unbalance forces.

:geek:

Its has been like t his forever and I have made it a habit to center my wheel before I go to the track. That said it would be nice if it was fixed.

Yes, it's quite annoying. I can replicate this behavior during standstill by spinning the wheel towards the lock point. The wheel will hit the lock, then start bouncing itself back and forth. And depending how high you set the strength % this action can be quite violent.

I am using Thrustmaster TX, positive FFB at low strength.

What does it exactly do?

This is a hotkey for realfeel... FFB Force Reverse. No need to change this normally... maybe some mod cars that you install might

CTRL + NUM7 = FFB Max Force decrease 100 N
CTRL + NUM9 = FFB Max Force increase 100 N

Again, the stock Reiza cars are setup for you so you likely won't need to change max force.

I notice that you guys are using LOW FFB effects... Have you tried it with MED? I use MED and I don't get "zero speed" oscillation or strange FFB forces (mostly).

I also setup my TM control panel 65 strength and 100 for the other 4 gain sliders.

Last edited:
One more thing I can think of is FFBSkip in you controller.ini

In the steam library / common / AMS beta / userdata / yourname / controller.ini

I use 360/360 Hz for my TM500, you can check this parameter and/or try using an alternate frequency.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back