Zeljko Roso - Roso F1 Wheel

Hi all,

Long story short, I made an order for the Roso F1 Wheel back in February, from Mr Zeljko Roso in Croatia.

Made my payment to Mr Roso on the 24th February for my own Roso F1 wheel. He replied about 10 days later to confirm the payment had been made and he'd received the money, fair enough. However, this was the last email I received from him, and I've heard nothing from him since, despite numerous attempts to contact him for any sort of update.

I was told beforehand I'd have the wheel in 4-7 weeks from receiving my payment. Now if there have been significant delays, that's fine, if I have to wait a while to get what I've heard is a masterful wheel, so be it. But some sort of update would be nice while my money is nestled nicely in his bank account.

If the guy was/is in hospital or something, fair enough. I of all people would understand, I've been in and out of hospital a few times the last few months. But the guy has been updating his Roso wheel website a few times over the last few days, so it's not like he isn't online. Not really sure what to do, just thought I'd share my disappointment at the lack of contact too. Case of waiting (and waiting) I guess.

Not gonna completely slate the guy, I've read testimonials of his wheels on a few websites, not just his own one, and have read on a few forums, including this one that people have always received their wheels, albeit with the odd delay along the way, and some cases of Mr Roso not responding for long periods of times.

So basically, is there anyone out there that has had experiences ordering this wheel from Mr Roso, or is there anyone out there who may be able to get in contact with him somehow to at least alert him to my concern? I am a reasonably patient guy, but I have put a fair bit of money into this, so it would at least give me peace of mind to know the guy is still around and that my wheel will eventually come, and he's not on some Caribbean island spending my money. :p (Just realised I said long story short at the beginning, I'm a liar, sorry about that haha).

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question Ben,

Are the wheel buttons and dials labelled up when you get it, or do you get a selection of labels that you can apply to the controls when you set it up?

Everything is already labelled before you get it. I'm sure it would be easy enough to make your own, but I'm not going quite that far yet. :p

Yeah, that's puzzling. I thought he was using a new display? Maybe Ben's order wasn't considered "new" so Roso put in the parts Ben expected to get when he placed the order.

Yep, this is pretty much it. I didn't make a future request for anything else other than what I ordered at the time, so it's fair enough really. Not that I would have even considered adding even more time to my wait by asking for upgrades etc.

Upvote 0
Hey Ben, I wanna ask you. You're from UK right? Can you tell me, Did you have to pay VAT or TAX? I'm not sure with ordering, because I read, that EU countries has some deals with croatia about VAT and TAX on their goods, but I'm not sure. so I think that I will wait until Croatia will be member of EU. which will be in July. I don't wanna pay TAX and VAT.. I'm not from UK, but in my country they didn't answer me about that. I'm just curious about UK. how you have it there.. :) Thank you

Upvote 0
Hi guys

I really dont know what to do or to say.
i ordered my wheel back in june , since receving the money the man disappeard.
how can i trust my order would come? he is not answering any mails - why this kind of service? i paid hell of money on this.
i know im not the only one waiting , and the ones that got the wheel are pleased but come on , its not logic to behave like this. ! can anyone tell me any idea what to do ? how did u wait till it came and afrer how much time it came ??

Upvote 0
Hi guys

I really dont know what to do or to say.
i ordered my wheel back in june , since receving the money the man disappeard.
how can i trust my order would come? he is not answering any mails - why this kind of service? i paid hell of money on this.
i know im not the only one waiting , and the ones that got the wheel are pleased but come on , its not logic to behave like this. ! can anyone tell me any idea what to do ? how did u wait till it came and afrer how much time it came ??

Closes you together, all affected pay into a fond and the man with the most combat experience goes for coffee after croatia.Comes back with a suitcase full of money, or the Wheels.But you can if there is difficulty of Zroso also other transport in a suitcase! These dude need to take time on his feet.My Opinion! These must not reflect the views of the public.

Upvote 0
I in your place I would have gone to his house ......
Me too did not respond to emails but in the end it's steering wheel.
I do not know what to say ....... I'm sorry, looks much

Upvote 0
Good read. I was thinking about placing an order but it seems mr. Roso isn't the guy at least for now. But if anyone wants to sell his wheel, (for g25) you might have a customer here :)
Lastly Two quick questions:
1-Is there anybody who had received the new model?
2- why is it still 630 euros in roso's website?

Upvote 0
Hi,

Ive had my hands on a zroso wheel yesterday eve and i really liked it despite some downsides.
Lets start at the beginning, my mate ordered the wheel in May 2011 and received his wheel in November the same year. He goes for the "standard" version for 630€.

The first thing i felt was, man thats really a old design. Second thing was, it felt great in the hands and is not too heavy. so after all set i was givin it a go for 2 hrs. and at the end came up with the following pros and cons:

Pro`s:

-Clutch Paddles
-Quickrelease
-Real carbon

Con`s:

-xtra long waiting times with absolutely Zero support
-Real cheap Pushbuttons ( you can get Knitter pushbuttons for additional 150€!!!!)
-Old design
-The endprice for a wheel with good pushbuttons of 780€ and that WTF shipping price of 90€ within europe

Upvote 0
Got an email from Roso in november 2012, where he excuses, hell reat it your self:

Hi Kurt
There is not much to say, I really screw up with your order. I also have couple of wheels still undelivered but built long time ago. There were many problems here but it was never a fraud. I was even embarrassed to answer emails. Because of your extremely long wait I wanted to send you two wheels, your ordered and my new one which I'm still unable to show to public.
I will definitely be able to send both wheels within two weeks, thing are finally getting together.
END.

Bottom line is that I have not heard anything from him yet.
Gents DONT SENT MONEY to Mr. Roso. He still have my 1200 Euro and I hear nothing from him, and to september its 2 years :-( I HATE theis here. So if any of you live neer him, then go over and spank him from me. I dont thing I will ever see my wheel or my money, so I would not buy anything from him if I were a new guy who want a steering wheel.

Its a big expensive JOKE this here.

Kukki

Upvote 0
Nothing heard from Roso since november 2012.
He is a big fraud, and have cost me 1250 Euro.
So gents, please do your research before sending money his way.
Damn I just dont get this here.
I even tried to call him, but he dont answer , and I got a hold on his friend and when he heard I want to talk about Roso about steering wheels, then he suddenly dident have time and hang up.
THEY JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY NOW.

Very very pissed off here

Upvote 0
Hi,

Ive had my hands on a zroso wheel yesterday eve and i really liked it despite some downsides.
Lets start at the beginning, my mate ordered the wheel in May 2011 and received his wheel in November the same year. He goes for the "standard" version for 630€.

The first thing i felt was, man thats really a old design. Second thing was, it felt great in the hands and is not too heavy. so after all set i was givin it a go for 2 hrs. and at the end came up with the following pros and cons:

Pro`s:

-Clutch Paddles
-Quickrelease
-Real carbon

Con`s:

-xtra long waiting times with absolutely Zero support
-Real cheap Pushbuttons ( you can get Knitter pushbuttons for additional 150€!!!!)
-Old design
-The endprice for a wheel with good pushbuttons of 780€ and that WTF shipping price of 90€ within europe
Yeah that's right, 90€ shipping in Europe is a joke!

Upvote 0
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151639914877815.1073741835.105037042814&type=1

Seems like he's still in business, this time with a middle man. And the new wheel he was talking about. FS One. they seem to do modding stuff. Think they are legit? With scary stories of him taking lots of money of other people, I'm not sure. I personally paid him and he gave me the wheel. So I'm treasuring it really well up to now. This new one looks good too. Anyone contacted FS One?

i think in niche market products like these, once your image is tainted, you lose trust from the public, Unless you make things look more legit, like a website to order stuff and have things paid via paypal with buyer protection. I remember transferring the money to him direct debit and it wasn't a fun experience.

Upvote 0
The new wheel looks nice, almost a McLaren replica.

It seems to have lost the two thumb wheels from the previous model but retains plenty of buttons and rotary dials which would be fine for me; I am more concerned about usability than it being an perfect reproduction. Is there any more information about it? I would obviously be a little nervous after others dealings with Roso, but if someone respectable is handling the purchasing and support aspect of the business then maybe this can be much improved.

Any idea of cost, as Sala Motorsport seem to be making a lovely Ferrari replica wheel, and so this would have to be significantly cheaper than that?

Upvote 0
Would be interesting to know-has he finished and dispached all orders of the old wheel or returned the money to people? There is nothing new on his website,still the old wheel.Once you dent your reputation in such pity way it is hard to get back public trust. And he knows it so he is going to sell the new one using 3rd party.Well done mate!

Upvote 0
I messaged FSONE about the price and they said it costs 1100€ and shipping to the United States is 90 €. A lot more than I was hoping for. :unsure:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back